Updates to Mayhem Intergalactic have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:New/changed features
- Private chat. To send a private chat message to a player called Bob, type /msg bob Hi Bob!. Names can be abbreviated. /whisper or /tell can be used instead of /msg.
- The message log on the information bar (click the button at the top-left or press Tab) now features improved formatting and scroll buttons.
- Chat box will now stay open permanently during the multiplayer pre-game settings screen. If it's empty when the game starts, then it closes itself automatically.
- Chat messages now have a partially-transparent black background to aid readability.
- You can now see your own ping.
- If only AIs are left in a multiplayer game (including if all human players are in disconnected state), end the game.
- Fixed: Rifts sometimes weren't visible to remote clients.
- Fixed: Observers were being assigned starting planets on custom maps, and could attempt to send orders to the ships on those planets (without success).
- Fixed: Players in disconnected state didn't get sent to newly-connecting observers.
- Fixed: /ban command was crashing server in presence of non-networked players.
- Fixed: /kick command could be used on oneself.
- Fixed: Removed ghostly grey "e" near End Turn button.
- Fixed: A mistyped console command showed up as chat.
- Fixed: Some bugs in internationalisation support.
- Fixed: Invalid map errors no longer crash the game.
- Fixed: mayhemig.exe would sometimes hang around using 100% of the CPU after game exit.