We have released a game engine update via Steam this evening. This release includes a number of additions and bug fixes, including one which should clear up the remaining cases of the authentication error people have been getting today.
Server admins please note that this release will require all game servers to restart. If you run a server on Windows, you'll need to restart manually; Linux servers will restart automatically if the server admin has enabled that option.
GAME & ENGINE CHANGES:
- Fixed a Steam authentication error ("Invalid User ID Ticket") that occurred when connecting to any server which was run from the Steam Games list
- Added check to make sure only one instance of the game is running
- Added code to try help diagnose the 'filesystem dll not found' sporadic error
- Fixed startup crash where the text file buffer wasn't always terminated correctly causing bad info to be parsed out
- Changed error string "BADPASSWORD" to be a friendly string
- Added some more info to help debug 'could not load filesystem' error
- Fixed mouse cursor staying visible when alt-tabbing back into the game when in windowed mode
- Fixed corrupted VGUI2 text when using the TriAPI
- Added fallback to software mode if selected video mode is not supported when game tries to start
- Fixed bug where singleplayer games were listed in the Mods list for HLDS.
- Fixed bug where the Mod previously used wasn't being loaded properly (and saved) the next time you ran HLDS.
- Fixed 'load failed' error causing players to timeout from server during level changes
- Fixed problem pulling crates in half-life
- Fixed mp3 volume slider not taking effect immediately
- Fixed changing the bitdepth in video options not making the apply button show up
- Fixed downloading of custom content from a server never saying 'complete'
- Fixed sponsor banner never being shown in the game
- Fixed game menus still be clickable even when hidden by game load dialog
- Added compression to server->client file transfers, reduces connection time downloading security module -- controlled by "sv_filetransfercompression" cvar.
- Fixed crash opening options dialog if "voice_enable 0" was in the config.cfg file
- Changed default player name to be the users' friends name
- Fixed timer graphic not displaying in Counter-Strike
MOD MAKER CHANGES:
- Fixed "condump" command
- Fixed corrupted VGUI2 text when using the TriAPI (only happened in mods)
- Added greater control of game startup background & layout -- controlled by resource/BackgroundLayout.txt, BackgroundLoadingLayout.txt
- Increase MAX_HUD_SPRITES from 128 to 256
- Added avi playback option to game startup - the text file media/StartupVids.txt contains the list of avi's to play
- Changed missing models to only be fatal error when developer cvar > 1