Publisert: 12. juni
I normally don't give immediatly bad ratings, bought it for 3,99€ and still don't feel it's worth it. Why?
- have many character and face portrait parts...
- layering, hue and other paint.net
- animation preview...
- Steam Workshop (didn't tried that out, but some objects look nice, but a developer shouldn't rest on those)
- ...that you can find all in the specific RPG Maker
- ...but paint.net
- ...that sometimes doesn't appear and sometimes it does (don't see a pattern there)
- you need to close the programm with the Task Manager in Windows 8.1 64 Bit (else steam say's forever Game
Character Hub is still running)
- the RPG Maker XP is a mess, every single part needs to be moved manual, because nothing fits
- easy things are really laborious to do, like mark pixels, mark cells (much easier on paint.net)
I hope I mentioned all above, but all in all I can't recommend it. The RPG Maker VX/Ace editor is decent, but nothing special. Most parts are in the Character Generator of VX ACE, only 1 or 2 are from the GCH itself. For that pricing I really expect more, because there are free tools that are easier to use and have all the options GCH has. If you plan buying it for XP, then don't do it, every part needs to be moved manual!!!
Probably the rating would be better, if "Second Story" would be implemented in the GCH and didn't cost another 3,99€ normal price or at the moment 2,99€. That way, it's a cheap rip of from the Game Creator from VX Ace which is not worth money. (\s/)