We are pleased to announce the latest update to X Rebirth which takes the game to 64-bit, allowing the game to make better use of your PC's available memory.
• NEW: The 64-bit EXE is now the default. See below for more information.
• Fixed Secret Service missions constantly reminding player to talk to mission actor.
• Fixed campaign progressing unexpectedly when docking at station.
• Fixed player occasionally being in wrong position on platform when loading savegame.
• Fixed trade offers on player ships/stations occasionally not appearing in trade menu.
• Fixed claimed ships not showing up in property menu.
• Fixed ships continuing to move when ordered to wait.
• Fixed trade orders not being executed when ship has been ordered to wait.
• Fixed various cases of drones being unable to dock/return.
• Fixed missing docking bay on Wheat Plantation.
• Fixed missing container storage on Pharma-Spice Farm.
• Fixed missing MK2 weapons after completing plot (you may need to change zones before this kicks in).
• Fixed map not showing player stations.
• Fixed incorrect positions of some elements on map.
• Fixed menu slider controls breaking under certain circumstances.
• Fixed controls no longer working when opening ability menu on a platform.
• Fixed controller A-button not working after having left the cockpit while an interactive notification was displayed.
• Fixed station under construction becoming invisible after Alt-Tab.
• Fixed a leak causing savegames to grow slowly in size over time.
• Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
If you encounter serious problems with the 64-bit version and would like to try reverting to 32-bit then you can subscribe to the 32-bit "beta" using the Steam client. To start using the 32-bit version, right-click X Rebirth in the Steam client, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and select release_32 from the dropdown list. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows you will automatically receive the 32-bit version of the game, though such Windows versions remain unsupported.
Note: The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and future updates for the 32-bit version are not guaranteed indefinitely.
Steam does not currently support automatic crashdump upload for 64-bit applications. We are therefore using a third party tool to provide this facility. If there is a crash then a standard crashdump will be created and uploaded to the third party site, from where we can perform analysis to determine the cause. As with Steam crashdumps no personal information is included in these crashdumps.
• Improved dock info menu by marking enemy NPCs in red.
• Fixed incorrectly sorted NPCs in the dock info menu.
• Fixed CVs being unexpectedly relocated when rammed by boosting capital ships.
• Fixed item trader telling you about an "excellent choice" when you didn't buy anything.
• Fixed long range scanner effects not showing for distant objects.
• Fixed resource menu not opening for ship trader.
• Fixed mission finding player-owned objects as targets.
• Fixed several other small mission issues.
• Fixed architect not being set up correctly on plot CV.
• Fixed capital ships trying to use their jumpdrive when they should go through a gate directly.
• Fixed several cases of incorrectly oriented ship parts on the radar.
• Fixed issues with sending cargo collector drones from certain capital ships.
• Fixed Omicron Lyrae sectors not having an owner faction.
• Fixed inconsistent interact menu item positions.
• Fixed one cause of cargo collector drones having trouble launching/docking.
• Fixed event monitor sounds coming from the wrong direction in first person mode.
• Fixed text errors in German localisation.
• Fixed repair not being available for damaged objects when some sub-components are damaged.
• Fixed build duration and resources required when running a "partial" build (usually in response to missing components).
• Fixed build durations generally not taking into account production method and efficiency.
• Fixed repair resources not being calculated correctly.
• Fixed integrated sub-components sometimes being wrecked independently.
• Fixed various issues with visual build progress becoming inconsistent during building.
• Fixed inconsistent component states, both visual and functional, after destruction/repair in certain circumstances.
• Fixed NPCs on destroyed player platforms not being killed resulting in problems assigning new ones.
• Fixed problems with stop task and with clear shopping list not clearing the shopping list.
• Fixed pilots losing money when they are no longer in the squad when they finish their last planned trade.
• Fixed ships sometimes failing to line up correctly to trade offer docks, blocking trades.
• Fixed problems with drones not returning to dock.
• Fixed problems of losing reputation in wrong cases.
• Fixed various issues with upkeep and Secret Service missions.
• Fixed cases with missing target elements (especially for newly built stations).
• Fixed cases where a super-highway exit incorrectly showed a target element.
• Fixed target element at left side for the playership, when player is under cover.
• Fixed police ships sometimes attacking innocent objects.
• Fixed keeping PageUp/PageDown pressed down not cycling through target when being inside a drone.
• Fixed keeping Shift+F pressed down causing an FPS-drop.
• Fixed achievements for Hard difficulty not unlocking in some cases.
• Fixed several minor physics issues.
• Fixed one cause of "micro-stutter" during gameplay.
• Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
• Various optimisations resulting in small performance improvements.
This Collector's Edition of X Rebirth includes the following items:
Egosoft is extremely pleased to finally announce the release of X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions. After considerable effort and with an eye to all the great feedback we've received, X Rebirth 2.0 represents a major update for a wide variety of gameplay mechanics.
Together with the new plot chain, which offers all players membership in the Argon Federation secret service, X Rebirth 2.0 brings a host of new features and improvements.
For a more detailed explanation of the new features, please have a look at the X Rebirth 2.0 feature manual.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.