This visual novel is actually fantastic.
The storytelling is top notch and engaging with some sudden twists as you progress in this game.
It's does good job of combining a life simulator and RPG elements in one package.
The artwork and the soundtrack in this VN is beautiful as well.
Unfortunately, there is a few cons in this magnificent visual novel that stopped me from giving this game a 9/10 rating.
- Annoying, new sound effects that can possibly give you a headache. (They should have keep the old sounds from retail build however you can easily mute the sound effects within the settings)
- No improvements on the writing in this steam release. (The writing in some parts of the VN is a bit off and a good example of that is the introduction)
- No widescreen or high resolution support - the devs should have added this feature since they improved the engine in this Steam release.
- RPG elements can pull you away from the story on some routes since you have to reach a certain day in the game in order to progress your journey. Pressing buttons repeatedly for a better characters stats is not my thing.
- Game saves from retail build of Fading Heats are not compatible with Steam release.
Overall, if you into dating sims or just looking to playing something different, give this visual novel a go.
This game has also some good replayability thanks to multiple routes and achievements. Sakura River are also planing to add new scenarios/route in the next title update.
If you're not sure if you should buy this game, go to Sakura River's website and try out the demo version.
You have nothing to lose.
My rating - 8.0
Note: I have reedited and changed my rating for the review since I felt like I've over rated this game compared to other visual novels I have read. This review is based on Fading Heart's Steam launch version.