21 Ağustos 2014
Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.13 is entering finalization for release - and this time it is all about Achievements!
As you may have noticed from our blog posts jumping from topic to topic between different projects and sub-projects, the team at SCS Software is actually a swarm of quite a number of micro-teams developing various new features to grow the truck simulator ecosystem. Some things take longer to develop, with some we may even be notoriously slow, but we believe that our approach is right to achieve our ultimate goals eventually, and we hope that you are having fun being along for the ride. Achievements is one little step among many for us to help us in testing the necessary improvements in our infrastructure towards game data persistence.
So, achievements. Actually, at this stage we are preparing two different sets of achievements for you:
- Steam Achievements
- World of Trucks Achievements
Steam achievements were much requested by our Steam player community. Thankfully, the native integrated Steam achievement system made it reasonably simple to implement, certainly compared to us having to roll our own superstructure on top of in-game achievement tracking.
On the other hand, the initial set of World of Trucks
achievements is a turning point in setting up the the back-end codebase for extensive future updates. WoTr updates are sure promising to be interesting and we'll talk about them in the future...
We understand that at this stage of the life cycle, with many players having sunk tens or even hundreds of hours into the game, some achievements might be, shall we say - not timely. You might even think that you have tried everything the game has in store for you...
So with that in mind and with help of Steam community
, we have compiled a list of ETS2 achievements with a very seasoned player in mind. You can think of some of the more difficult ones as little quests or challenges for you to undertake in the game. Still there are achievements that are very easy, we still have new players coming aboard having just bought the game, and we want them to get some satisfaction quickly. Experienced player can take them for granted already.
It was not our goal to make anyone suffer pursuing our achievements, as it sometimes the case with games; forcing players to grind. Almost all our achievements are within the reach of average player given enough dedication.
Let's have a peek at the current ETS2 Steam achievements in more detail:
Total Achievement Count: 28
- Easy - 8 - pretty much everyone would achieve those and so quickly notice the achievement feature, that's how easy it is ;)
- Medium - 8 - not all achievements get unlocked quickly, but none of those should be a problem for any user
- Hard - 11 - certain degree of patience and dedication is required to track and complete those. However the truckers are patient people and we have all confidence in them.
- Extreme - 1 - thats for the most hardcore, never to give up types that drive through the world of Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Discover more than 60% of the map - I am a GPS Medium
- Discover 100% of the map - Pathfinder Extreme
- Use the train to cross the channel - Choo-Choo Easy
- Utilize a boat - Sardine Easy
- Discover all recruitment agencies - Head hunter Hard
- Use all ports in the game (counts sea and train ports) - Successfully docked Hard
- Buy a truck online - From the comfort of your home Easy
- Design and apply to your truck a custom multi-color metallic paint - My precious Easy
- Drive at least 999 km with each truck brand featured in the game. Only your owned trucks are counted. (MAN, DAF, Majestic, Renault, Iveco, Scania, Volvo) - Test drive limited Medium
- Take an urgent delivery for a minimum of 550 km and complete it with less than 30 minutes remaining - Just in time! Medium
- Complete a delivery that was greater than 2,000 km - Long hauler Medium
- Perform jobs for at least 15 different companies in the game - Reliable contractor Hard
- Complete a job worth over €130,000 and minimum 2,200 km without using a ferry - Profit hunter Medium
- Complete deliveries with all trailer types (Machinery, ADR cargo, Container, Refrigerated, Liquid cargo, Fragile cargo, Construction, Bulk cargo) - Experience beats all! Medium
- Complete a perfect delivery (no damage, no fines, in-time) for a job that is at least 1000 km. - Job is only worth it if it's done well! Medium
- Complete 5 jobs in a row - in-time, without taking any damage and without using autoparking - Careerist Hard
- Use automatic parking - Friends are always here to help you Easy
- Take and complete jobs with at least 30 different cargoes - All is possible Hard
- Gain 20,000 XP for several consecutive jobs with the total distance below 10,000 km - Minimaxer Hard
- Use quick travel to return to your headquarters - Honey, I'm home Easy
- Own a garage in every city in your headquarter country - National company Medium
- Own a garage in every city - Property magnate Hard
- Achieve 100% of productivity for at least 5 large garages at the same time - Working with the elite Hard
- Reach an average daily profit of €450,000 - Bath of success Hard
- Achieve at least 75% of the average garage productivity across all of your garages. Must own at least 10 large garages. - Performance optimizer Hard
- Have at least 10 female and 10 male employees of maximum level in your company - Aspects of professionalism Hard
- Use a rest stop - Zzzzz Easy
- Use a filling station - Gas, no petrol! Easy
In the future we might add more interesting achievements, of course also shaped for a seasoned user or related to some particular expansion with fresh content. So if you wish to contribute an idea, we'd be glad to hear it in comments.
According to our internal plans, we are aiming at the September time-frame for release. Stay tuned!