We could easily classify this game as "The evolution of platform/shooters games in flash from the web". A beautiful artistic audio-visual section and solid gameplay make this title a sure recommendation.PROS:
- Spotless artistic direction (the style of the characters, enemies, weapons and unique backgrounds give the game its own personality).
- Excellent soundtrack (As a lover of electronic music, i could be listening for hours to the various tracks that create a correct atmosphere for an action/exploration game like this).
- Balanced and varied Gameplay (There is no other term for this, each weapon has its unique feature which makes it useful in a given situation or effective against a particular enemy type, as for the missions, each one has one unique objetive to comply).
- The exploration element is present (many smartly-hidden secrets to discover containing bonus points, weapons, ammunition, equipment, boosters, etc).
- Use of physics for combat and get rid of obstacles (You can create cover from objects that are in the area, pull or push objects that hinder your path or even for use as long-range weapons against enemies).
- Has local co-op campaign mode.
- The extra modes outside the campaign give the game extra replay value (includes a duel mode against bots or against a friend locally, an infinite survival mode and others).CONS:
- Hard (Even on the normal difficulty, the game is very challenging. For those achivements hunters like me, this will compensate the short lenght of the game).
- No configurable keys or buttons on the joystick.
- The only joystick recognized by the game is the one from the Xbox 360.
- Some glitches that prevent to close the game normally (in the linux version, i played the demo on Windows XP at the time without problems).
- Some achivements are broken (a logical problem in those achivements that ask a requirement for complete in all the levels of the game).
- Short (can be compensated if you dedicate yourself time to explore the levels for secrets)
- The use of physics in certain situations can be a headache if not used wisely.
- Sometimes a mini-map to avoid getting lost would be useful.
- The developer abandoned this project long ago (no hope for some fixes).
If you like fast action 2D games, mixed with elements of exploration that are accompanied by beautiful graphics and a good soundtrack, this game is a safe buy.My score: 7.5 / 10
Note: Played it on GNU / Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - 32 bits)