Acerca deste jogo
NeonXSZ is a first-person spaceship combat and exploration game with RPG-like loot and leveling. Offering both openworld freeform gameplay and tightly structured combat arenas, it's a single-player sandbox where the only limit is your imagination.
You are the anomaly, injected into cyberspace to stake your place in a war of virus versus machine. During your journey you will fly dozens of ships and loot hundreds of upgrades allowing you to create totally unique spacecraft with which to wage war. Will you protect the operating system or join the infection to bring it down?
George Weidman - SuperBunnyHop
"Fast-paced, freeform modular combat and exploration rewards players with an incredible amount of customization. You make your own adventure-- It's Sid Meier's Pirates! in cyberspace."
What is it like to play?
At it's heart Neon is a mouse-look twitch shooter. Don't be dusting off your old joystick or Xbox controller for this one.
We took the feel, speed and responsiveness of classic shooters like Quake or Unreal Tournament and squeezed them into spaceships trapped inside internal environments. We then added the replayability, loot explosions, procedurally generated worlds, shops and RPG elements found in game's like Diablo. To finish it off we put the whole thing into a sandbox environment so you could create your own unique tales of victory or defeat.
Neon's core gameplay focuses on the adrenaline fueled speed and thrill of spaceship dogfighting. Ships are small and lightning fast with the ability to strafe in all directions and turn instantly in zero gravity. You can create anything from blisteringly fast fighters to slow, heavy, tank like destroyers and tweak them with a nearly endless supply of upgrades to suit your play style.
We may have taken inspiration from many classic games but the combined result creates a game unlike anything you have played before.
If that sounds like your bag of chips then get ready for one hell of a ride. We're on the final stages of development now. If you are still on the fence, check out the recent announcements and player reviews.
Welcome to cyberspace.
- ~1000 persistent enemies per game from 4 warring factions.
- Every enemy has unique AI
- Dozens of ships to loot and fly
- Fully interactive cockpit.
- 900+ Upgrades to loot and install.
- New gameplay changing gadgets unlock constantly.
- Procedurally generated content. No two game sessions are the same
- 80 Levels of upgrades used by both the player and enemies
- Challenge arenas - Scripted multi-stage event arenas with high level loot rewards.
- Multiple, huge, totally open game worlds (7.5km x 7.5km)
- Change the look of the entire world and your ship, at any time, to suit your tastes.
- AI ships have access to the exact same ships, weapons, upgrades and gadgets as the player.
- No two AI ships are ever the same.
- AI ships drop the equipment they have installed, not random loot. If you can kill it, you can loot it.
- Buy and sell Upgrades, Weapons, and Ship Hulls at hundreds of docking bays throughout the world.
- Every object is physics-enabled. For example:
- Weapons and explosions cause knock back.
- Ships can push each other around.
- Loot can go into orbit around the player creating defensive walls.
- Ships can drop energy walls anywhere, blocking incoming fire and the movement of other ships.
- Physics based shields that swing around ships based on their movement direction.
- If you see it, you can loot it, fly it, and use it.
The world of NeonXSZ is huge and split up into seven cyber-spacestations. The first six are now complete. New upgrades, gadgets, ships, and challenge arenas appear in each space station as the player levels up.
The final spacestation is already fully playable but needs some additional content before we will consider it finished. This is what we are working on now.
Once this end-game content is wrapped up we'll be working on final polish and tuning before a 1.0 release later in the year.