Absolutely worth buying. This game deserves its high ratings
- Huge open world with lots of details
- Nice landscape with fields, forests, mountains, rivers and more
- Some huge cities with hundreds of NPC walking around and doing stuff
- No load screens, just open the door and get in
- You can enter every house in the villages, not only Inns and shops
- Windows are windows, you can see the whole world from inside of any building
- Lots of different locations, many areas to explore
- Many different creatures
- Very deep and breathtaking story
- Plot twists everywhere, crazy magic stuff, curses, etc
- Huge amount of various quests
- All quests have some deep story and characters
- English voice acting is very good, multiple accents
- Takes few hours to finish some quests
- Witcher contracts, in which you have to speak to people, gather information, investigate, track the beast, etc
- You have a lot of choices and their consequences
- Beautiful and epic OST
- Amazing graphics, very colorful
- Graphics looks nice even on lowest. Just max the textures for details
- Characters faces are very detailed, looks almost like cinematic
- Good optimization in big cities - you have 30-50 NPC just in front of you and no fps drop at all! I've expected huge drops in Vizima, but it's just like everywhere else
- Controls, i think they are very easy and simple. Though some players don't like them
- Potatoes, very cheap but effective
- Boats, you can break them in pieces and sink
- Your own horse
- Horse races
- Fast travel signs, located in towns and villages. You can also fast travel between ports, when on boat
- Beard grows!
- No game breaking bugs. Almost no bugs, you just don't notice them usually, game has so much good stuff to do
And much more...
- Some players have multiple crashes. I may had few crashes, but once per few hours, and it may be related to hardware.
- Won't run on a weak PC. That's obvious, you want some good graphics and huge open world - you need a decent PC
Can't find any significant cons really...
i5 2400 3.1 GhZ (lol doesn't even match minimal req), 1tb HDD
Radeon HD 7950 3GB (overclocked to 1100 and 1550 core/mem, adds around 10-15 fps)
8GB RAM 1600
FPS - i'm playing on medium settings with Ultra textures and details, AA and VSync, no Hairworks.
I got 45-60 fps, usually around 55 in villages, but game feels smooth even on 40.
On 50 it feels like 60. I mean, in fps game i can feel every frame, but here its just smooth and playable (guess that's because it's 3d person RPG)
I lose some fps with rain and some other heavy effects (5-10), so that's why i lower some of the settings.
Ultra - 30-40 fps
High - 50-55
Med - 55-60
+5 fps without AA and SSAO
My specs aren't the best, i still have 30-45 in BF4 and new games on Ultra. I just set it between medium-max to have best quality/fps ratio. Also, AMD sometimes have worse drivers and optimization than Nvidia. Haven't noticed that 3 years ago, but now i can see
1.03 patch added like 5-10 fps, which is really nice for me
So, i would say this game have quite a decent optimization.
And ♥♥♥♥♥ all that downgrade sh*t. Just enjoy the blооdу game people! It still looks better than all those games released last years. Just don't listen to that crаp