130 hours to complete the game and I am ready to go for round 2
The witcher 3 was a beautiful game that had epic moments and great dialogue from the beginning to end. The voice acting was superb and the music was memorable, yet there are some problems with some of the combat and some parts that downright broke immersion. A Fantastic and great game that is almost perfect except for a few issues and immersion breaking elements. The review I did was so extensive I can't even fit it on this steam review. I'll throw down a TLDR for you guys out there but you can check the review video at the bottom if you want more in depth. review. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
+ The graphics which doesn't of course look like the pr trailer of 2013 but was still beautiful in this game. The world feels alive with the animals that roams it, the day and night cycle, the windy and rainy days. Very immersive. Hell you can even see shooting stars at night if you look in the sky, the skybox is so good.
+ Detailed textures enough to see pores, scars and such on chracter faces
+ Voice acting is top notch while the music are very memorable. Must own OST'
+ The story and lore of the game was memorable and very engaging, Everything had a story behind it, Game is rich in lore everywhere you go.
+ The choices that has positive and negative impacts throughout the game depending on your choices.
+ There are technically 3 giant maps in this game, the rest are side maps. Each of the maps is very finely designed. Plenty of sidequests to do throughout.
+ The decapitation gore and animations when fighting humans and monsters.
+ The game is separated into 3 questing categories. Main storyline, secondary and witcher contracts each of which has its own story and memorable moments. The lore will keep players engaged.
+ Nvidia Hairworks looks good if you have the card for it, Mainly for Monsters and people with fur armor, Geralt hair wasn't as impressive.
+ You can import your save file from previous witcher games or answer questions during your beard shave which will shape the game
+ Traveling by walking, running, horseback, swimming, boat = immersion and fast travel requires signposts instead of just a game about instant traveling all over. Exploration can also bring out more quests you've never seen before
+ The towns in the game is so vibrant and npcs going on with thier lives. They react to certain events accordingly.
+ Geralt grows beard in real time, must meet barber to cut. I felt like I was Geralt
+ There is an extensive amount of loot in the game and craftable weapons and armor for your character. 3 main type of sets to choose from and any gear to wear the way you want to play.
+ Alternative spells and sword style ability techniques that was really fun to use though is few, Igni spraying from hand and the sword twirl.
+ Fist fighting, Horse racing and even a card game called gwent. Each with their own quest line
+ The Beastiary is very detailed on how to defeat enemies and the amount of them.
+ No on disc dlc charged but instead they are free and the devs stances and actions. They do not adhere to major company standards and that's already a huge plus in my books. One of the only few companies out there that does this.
+ the amount of support by dev through patching, each patches brings delight as the game gets better, runs better, looks better and so on.
+ The romance/sex scenes are way better than anything Bioware has put out.
+ Goty contendor
- Ai in the game is leashed, sometimes if you break the boundary they run in circles, sometimes if you are out of their boundary they go back, even if you shoot at them away from the boundary they do not react.
- The combat can be a bit wonky with the focus targeting and needs patching especially with a mouse and keyboard, you need to slide the mouse too far to target another and thus resulting in your death because of the amount of mobs that gang up on you. It works better with on a joypad at the moment and hopefully this will get patched.
- Roach horse riding is a bit clunky but a great idea, the auto travel ability is fine until he veers off the path and hits anything in his way. It doesn't feel like a real horse when he just stops coming close to everything even a small rock.
- The ragdoll physics of enemies, sometimes I have enemies fly 20 feet in the air, most of the time they wriggle the ground and bounce and the way hair wriggles when there isn't wind lol, breaks immersion. (hopefully patched)
- People are wet inside their houses on rainy days along with everything in the house, It was hilarious easy for me to tell what weather it was during any cinematic.
- The tree skills is more based on buffs rather than technique, it wasn't as interesting (personal opinion). I didn't have much to look forward to when leveling. The skills slots all unlock at level 30 so it takes a long time
- The enemy does not scale with player so even on deathmarch difficulty eventually by level 30 the game becomes easy. Very easy. So the difficulty only applies to the start of the game
- Physics wasn't the best or lack of, tables don't move around, items on it doesn't drop, giant enemies chasing Geralt doesn't take down trees due to engine limitations hopefully in the future we'll see an amazing upgrade from the engine itself.
- The interface can be very sloppy sometimes especially when dealing with vendors on selling items since there isn't a loot stash
- When you have every potion/oil in your arsenal, it can take quite a bit of time to look for your potions or oils you want to use in combat because most of them look the same
- End game or post end game content feels empty and there is also lack of only thing you can do is go over what you haven't done. You'd have to start the game over to relive the experience.
- There is no loot stash in the game yet, every item is on you and uses weight limits and just clutters your inventory (Hopefully will get patched in)
- Theres plenty of bugs but they are being patched
+- Optimization seems to be a problem at first then quickly got patched and feels much better, though I am running a Titan x so I I can't rate this category but for me it ran amazingly well and loads super fast.
Video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSpLmK_lpQ&feature=youtu.be