The Season Pass is a fun set of DLC. None of them are quite as good as Artorias of the Abyss from Dark Souls, but they are generally better in design than the areas from the main Dark Souls II game and are highly recommended for fans of Dark Souls II.
* Good level design, levels in the DLC are fun to explore
* At least one cool boss per DLC
* Bunch of new weapons and armor for each DLC, Fromsoft doesn't try to nickle and dime you with new skins and certain weapons even have new moves and abilities
* No NPCS - none of the areas have any real NPC characters to enhance the story
* Some recycled enemies - bosses of the challenge areas are recycled from the game and/or the same DLC.
* Lackluster rewards - the crowns themselves are pretty lame rewards for beating each DLC, the weapons and armor you get by playing through them are better.
* Repetitive story - the stories of the areas in each DLC are very similar, they are not super different in terms of the scenarios you encounter.