This is a turn based, grand strategic, WWII game that can be played to conclusion over a weekend. If you prefer real time, micro management, or first person shooter games, this one is not for you.
I rate the game 9 / 10.
There are numerous negative reviews about this game and before I purchased the game, I read every single review. Personally, the negaitve reviews are just a big ole bunch of whining. Here's why:
1) The game will crash. So what? Save often or upgrade your PC. FYI autosave happens at the end of every turn.
2) The navigation and unit commands are unusual. So what? Read the manual, its full of useful information. Invest the time to learn how to play the game.
3) The balance of play is unsatisfactory (i.e. USSR tank armies are too strong, German forces are overwhelming). So what? Mod the game to your liking or figure out how to win.
Here's why I LOVE THIS GAME.....
1) It is a labratory of history. What if Operation Sea Lion or Operation Felix were successful? What if Germany developed an atomic weapon? What if the Italians stayed out of Greece? What if Spain entered the war? What if the Warsaw uprising of 1944 held and the city reverted to Allied control in between the German and Red Armies? All of these contingencies can be played out in this game.
2) Great value for the price. Steam just lowered the price too.
3) Takes me back to fond memories of other great grand strategic WWII wargames: Third Reich (AH), Storm Accross Europe (C64) and High Commannd (IBM-DOS). Anybody remember these?