Imagine Plants Vs. Zombies if the plants had legs and you'd get a fairly close representation of this game.
- Solid controls
- Nice art
- Fun gameplay
- You really feel a sense of progression as you replay the levels with stronger guys.
- Multiple difficulty levels and game modes.
- Lots of replayability (to a point)
- It can feel really grindy. The best way to get money is to start from Wave 1, but by the time you're comfortably passing wave 6 or 7 the earlier levels just stop being interesting.
- The song is nice for the first 2 hours. Then you're over it.
- Using the controller, there will sometimes be a bug where you can't use any of your powerups (special songs). This is basically game-breaking on insane mode.
- The extra game modes (survival, distance) are a little lame. It's neat they're there, but they're not very interesting.
- A few weird art decisions/errors. Some of the boss animations bug out upon defeat, and there's a few characters with poor/weird art choices (the zombies are in the style of Paper Mario, for example).
It's awesome fun. Pick it up on sale and you won't be dissapointed.
12 hours to 100% completion. Probably around 3 to play through the inital game once.