NOTE: This is for v2.10. I will try to update my review as more updates come out. The game is now out of Early Access!
Rating at the moment: 8.5/10
Final Rush is a Sci-fi FPS game, which at the moment, only has Co-op and singleplayer. The game mode at the moment, Rush, has you and up to 3 teammates battling 10 waves of robots. It's like Killing Floor and COD: Zombies. As the rounds progress, you are met with an increasing amount of difficulty and diversity of robots. At the moment, there are 9 weapons to choose from, 8 upgrades, and 5 different levels. The weapons options and upgrades are good. Types of robots
and types of weapons and upgrades
EDIT: The guides are out-of-date, but it's the only guides there are and they have most of it covered.
- Settings?: Here's screenshots of them: Audio Video
Resolution goes from 320 x 200 to your screen's resolution. Anisotropic Filtering goes from 2X to 16X. Anti Aliasing goes from FXAA0 to FXAA3 Controls
You can change them. GamePlay
For purchasing game before price drop.
- Visuals?: Visually, this game looks amazing. The animations look a little weird, but other than that it's great.
- Sound?: The sound is alright, but it sounds a little wierd with this new update.
- Bugs?: There are thankfully not much bugs. I've only seen around 4.
- Singleplayer?: You are able to play by yourself, but so far the only thing to do is play Rush. The game is very difficult playing by yourself and there aren't much people that play this game.
- Multiplayer?: It's you and up to 3 people battling robots. There are a few dedicated servers, but barely anybody that plays this game.
That being said, they did an amazing job with multiplayer. It's really fun to play with other people and earn some friends. You can get cornered a lot though, so make sure you have a mic to help yourself and others out. You can make your own dedicated servers.
- Customization?: They have now added a customization tab in the main menu. When you level up, you earn more armor options, skills, and gun upgrades. You can buy these using the points you earn from beating games and leveling up. There are about 4 options for each armor piece, including head, bodym shoulders, legs, and boots. You can upgrade your guns to increase mag size, damage, etc. You can buy skills to make you run faster, reload faster, etc. There are around 25 skills.
- Content?: There are now 5 levels, around 9 weapons, around 8 upgrades during each match, 1 gamemode, multiple achievements, tradings cards, leveling up, and customization for your player and weapons. This game could use more content and workshop support, but it has enough to earn a quite a few fun hours. What they need is more gamemodes and levels. In MY opinion, they only need more levels, weapons, and workshop support.
- Replayable?: Somewhat repeatable, you should be able to get quite a few good hours into it. The addition of achievements, trading cards, and more have made this game more fun replayable (if that's a word). The addition of customization of characters, guns, skills, and even leveling up have definitely made the game more fun and intresting.
- Developers?: I'm very happy to say that the developers have delivered this update, and it is looking wonderful. There have been more updates and they continue to deliver what they promised they would. With more graphic options and improved visuals. I like the Path of Development so far, and I do wish them luck. They are active in the forums and they do respond to peoples problems. Sometimes, their response can even be humerous.
- What is Needed?:
- Workshop support
- More content (guns, upgrades, levels, etc.)
- More players (which they can't really change :/)
- The ability to crouch
- An improved scoreboard
- Voting system
- Increase in amount of players allowed in each game (4 right now)
- # of robots determined by players
- Verdict?: The game is actually quite fun. There is a lack of content and multiplayer could be improved, but they will do that in the future. I recommend getting this game now. If none of your friends play, convince them too or just ask people in discussions to play or ask me. People will be eager to play and I hope it will work out for you.