NOTE: This is for v2.08. I will try to update my review as more updates come out.
Rating at the moment: 8/10
Final Rush is a Sci-fi FPS game, which at the moment, only has Co-op and singleplayer. The game mode at the moment, Rush, has you and up to 3 teammates battling 10 waves of robots. It's like Killing Floor and COD: Zombies. As the rounds progress, you are met with an increasing amount of difficulty and diversity of robots. At the moment, there are 9 weapons to choose from, 8 upgrades, and 4 different levels. The weapons options and upgrades are good. Types of robots
and types of weapons and upgrades
EDIT: The guides are a little out-of-date, but it's the only guides there are and they have most of it covered.
- Settings?: Here's screenshots of them: Audio Video
Resolution goes from 320 x 200 to your screen's resolution. Anisotropic Filtering goes from 2X to 16X. Anti Aliasing goes from FXAA0 to FXAA3 Controls
You can change them. GamePlay
For purchasing game before price drop.
- Visuals?: Visually, this game looks amazing.
- Bugs?: There are thankfully not much bugs. I've only seen around 3.
- Singleplayer?: You are able to play by yourself, but so far the only thing to do is play Rush.
- Multiplayer?: At the moment, multiplayer servers aren't going well. There are some dedicated servers, but they are not official, we are lucky to have someone who can make them (which they tell you how to, but I was unsuccessful). When I do play with people, it is quite fun, with the game play and Co-op combined, it was really fun and a little easier. They are working on official servers.
- Gameplay?: The game is fun at times, but it is very difficult
. EDIT: There are now difficulty options! You will get surrounded by robots at times, which can get a little annoying. I've only beaten 1 level, as the increasing amounts of robots can be too much. The bright side however, is that if you beat all 4 levels, then you must be quite good at this game. There is only 4 levels however, which can be a little boring, but they have promised more in the future(uploaded a 4th one on 8/27/2014). This is, Early Access, after all. They do have jumping now, but no crouching and ADS isn't the best. With weapons, the crossfire is always there, even when you aim in. It doesn't look the best
. EDIT: They have now improved the ADS and have removed the crossfire always being there. ADS is looking better and quite good right now.
- Replayable?: although somewhat repeatable, the addition of achievements, trading cards, and more have made this game more fun replayable (if that's a word).
- Developers?: I'm very happy to say that the developers have delivered this update, and it is looking wonderful. There have been more updates and they continue to deliver what they promised they would. With more graphic options and improved visuals. I like the Path of Development so far, and I do wish them luck. They are active in the forums and they do respond to peoples problems. Sometimes, their response is even funny.
- What is Needed?:
- More content (guns, upgrades, levels, etc.)
- Dedicated servers
- More players
- The ability to crouch
- An improved scoreboard
- Voting system
- Increase in amount of players allowed in each game (4 right now)
- # of robots determined by players
- Verdict?: The game is actually quite fun. There is a lack of content and multiplayer could be improved, but they will do that in the future. I recommend getting this game now, unless if you aren't a big fan of Early Access. If none of your friends play, convince them too or just ask people in discussions to play or ask me. People will be eager to play and I hope it will work out for you.