“The most randomly awesome game I've played in a while”
“... generation upon generation of user-made structures dot the landscape, and oversized shapes and enigmatic letters mystify like Nazca lines. It feels free, like playing with Legos as kid. You have agency. There are all sorts of weird ways to play. You can transform into a zombie if you want, try and spread a plague, mix things up. Oh, and beware of LawyerCats. They’re out for blood.”
“... this is a must play”
9.5/10 – Gaming Capacity
Acerca del juego
8BitMMO is a retro-style 2D massively multiplayer game! It's a giant construction sandbox -- you can build a home or a castle in a persistent streaming world. Found and manage your own city. Fight evil LawyerCats and engage in Player vs Player battle. Work in Progress! :)
100% Player Built World
- The entire world is built by players. Build your own house, town, voxelart, or dungeon. The world is massive -- there's plenty of space to build in, and it streams in as you explore (no load screens).
Be the Mayor
- Start your own town and invite your friends. You'll have an array of management tools for overseeing your town.
Interactive Development / WIP Updates
- The entire game only has one full-time developer, and development is still ongoing. You can submit and vote on ideas -- many of the top voted ideas have been implemented into the game. Free updates with new content and features are frequently released.
- Several systems protect players from griefing.
Free To Play
- No purchase necessary to have fun. Support the developer and buy a fancy hat... or don't. (Premium items give NO competitive advantage)
Customize your Character
- Wear hats, clothing, accessories, change your skin color
Become a Zombie
- Want to be a zombie? You can! But you'll need a steady supply of delicious brains from other players. Don't worry, after you eat their brain, they'll be zombies too!
Fight Nefarious Enemies
- Congressional Lobbyist Slugs, LawyerCats, and Hipsters oh my.
- The world is huge, so the MegaMap interface (based on Google Maps API) is a handy way to browse the world and share your creations with friends.
Introducing the Steam Founder's Packs
Please consider supporting development by optionally purchasing a Steam Founder's Pack. You will receive a variety of benefits:
After you have purchased a Steam Founder's pack, please restart the game launcher for the game to detect the purchase.