This game sucks and I want my money back.
This game has a multitude of problems that are being paid no attention to despite the outcry on the forums to deal with said problems. The developers have basically abandoned the game and left a small team to use it as their little playground as they release 'fixes' that don't fix anything we NEED fixed. So many silly things that make this game either impossible or boring and just plainly rob you of your experience.
- You can be the exact thing you might very well be hunting in the games.
Yeah, didn't see that coming, did you? That was the only redeeming part of the game for me.
- The 'About this Game' section is full of complete ♥♥♥♥. There is no life-saving decision because there is no way to save your life. The game is riddled with hackers that seem to go unnoticed by the developers. This, combined with numerous bugs pertaining to weapons, stamina and the game's skill system make it impossible to play.
- The servers are constantly down or screwed up beyond all relief. There used to be between twenty to twenty-five servers, and now there's ten at the most with about three or four of them being US East and a similar number for US West- One not monitored by Steam VAC [which doesn't work with Nether by the way] in each category. There's currently a bug going about that makes it impossible to join servers. You click to join, it loads you in, then sends you back to the server select screen.
- None of the weapons are balanced in any way and all of them can kill you in a few meager hits, or even one. The game's enemies- the Nether -pose absolutely NO threat unless you try to intentionally get them after you by running into screamers, hordes lead by reapers or dropzones. Otherwise, there's barely ANY Nether around and they can be killed so easily that it's not even funny. It may take a bit, but odds are you'll leave unscathed if you follow the basic tactic of [W], [Mouse 1], [S].
- The game is VERY Pay-2-play. Some may disagree but your Nether Gold can be used to buy weapons, food, ammo and Nether Potions which allow you to turn into weak Nether that die far too easily.
- The only vehicles in the game don't work and actually explode or fly into the air on you if you try to get in them. I know this from experience, and it was a painful experience.
- As expected, the only people who you can really trust in that game are the people on your friend's list in Steam who you probably knew before you bought this trainwreck. Tribes mean nothing and hold no value as tribemembers will still gladly slaughter other tribemembers- even during location takeovers so their negativity with their tribe is entirely abolished once they capture it and make it out with your hard-earned items.
- Spawn locations for weapons and ammo aren't too far in between as a shotgun can be just a few steps away from an SMG or sword that does about 225 damage per swing, not including the game's skills.
- Hitboxes in this game are VERY poor, as well as the weapon system. Instead of a simple animation to slightly lean in to focus your aim, the game immediately changes your field of view, forces your perspective forward and puts the sight of the gun directly into your face in the course of a millisecond.
- Safezones can be attacked, and disabled for up to an HOUR unless players can band together to reactivate anti-Nether arrays in the safezone. People often hide in buildings around the safezones, an example being Lakeside, the biggest and most common safezone, and snipe down at anyone who walks in. Even if they killed you once, they will continue to kill you until you give up. This makes the game unfun and unfair.
- Medpacks and energy boost items can be hotkeyed, but they have absolutely no cooldown. You can keep downing pills in the midst of battle.
- To be a Golem or Watcher, you have to pay in the game's 'funbucks'. You can pay with in-game money, but it costs $1,250 just to be a Crawler Nether- only 1250 HP with about 125 damage output. You can also get a single one from completing the beginner tutorial. You only get three lives and do minimal damage whereas the human survivors get weapons that do up to five-hundred damage per shot. That's six shots to end your life just for you to spawn miles away from the actual players. You slowly die if you don't kill anyone to refill your food bar and have minimum damage output so this makes it impossible to do properly.
- As a Nether, you can get caught in a LOT of things in this game, especially the stairs. Trying to go up them often results in you being trapped in the stairs, and unable to move. While it is possible to get out, it's still ridiculous how traversing stairs seems to be impossible.
- As a Nether, when you teleport, your physical entity is still above ground. If you disappear and move around- you can still be killed by spray-pray.
- As a Nether, if you go to an outpost currently under attack and wait there until the outpost is secured, you can keep the Outpost in an 'attacked' state. Players may fire, Nether may still enter, but not spawn inside, and as long as YOU are within the Safezone as a Nether, it will remain this way, whether you're shooting or not.
I just wanna throw this out there as well. I bought the Chosen edition- When it was $40, thinking I was about to have one of the best experiences of my life. A week later, the price dropped and the game was still total ♥♥♥♥. The developers don't try to talk to the community or interact, they just do what they want. Even as I typed this, they've released a DLC that forces you to fight other players, something that already happens day to day in the game if you can even get into it's ♥♥♥♥ty servers. I guess I should have expected this coming from guys who make mobile games chock-full of pay-to-play bonus ♥♥♥♥ that's similar to Farmville or Candy Crush. On their website and even their Twitter, there is nothing about Nether, only 'WARP', their ♥♥♥♥ty 6v6 mobile-MOBA. Nether so much potential and I can definitely see it going somewhere, but with the people working on it as it is who seem to think they can scrape by the bottom of the boat with such horrendous features running it, it's doomed to die and may have already died.