The Version 0.225.1998 is now available
Dear Black Ink users,
We’re happy to announce a new release!
Following the introduction of floating windows in the last release, we added a new “Secondary Viewport” which provides a second, independent view of your document to save unnecessary navigation while you work. It has all the common navigation and drawing capabilities of the main view to give you as much freedom as possible and create your own workflow.
We also added a log window to follow what’s happening inside Black Ink and a Preference window. This first batch of options in the preferences will help you set-up and troubleshoot your tablet as well as adjust GPU options.
On the drawing side, you can now choose whether or not to have a constant screen brush size and flip your canvas horizontally or vertically with corresponding shortcuts. Very useful for sketches!
About future updates, we are still working on our fill tools which are shaping up to be a very interesting and complementary addition to Black Ink’s features.
As always thank you for your support and see you again soon for more news!
List of changes :
- New Secondary Viewport. This panel displays another view of the canvas with the same drawing features and live editing.
- New U shortcut: toggle Secondary Viewport
- New Drawing view can be flipped horizontally(shortcut: F) or vertically (shortcut: G)
- New The brush size can be made constant in view space or in canvas space (toggle with: Y)
- New Preferences Panel ( can be accessed from Main Menu > Edit or Main Menu > Window)
- Stylus Section : User can now monitor some parameters of their stylus.
- A calibration process is accessible now if Black Ink doesn’t retrieve correct stylus position.
- The Reset button sets the calibration values back to the driver’s default.
- The Precise stylus calibration check box discards the tablet driver’s stylus position and relies on the system’s mouse position (less accurate)
- GPU Section : User can choose a rendering API, a specific adapter and whether Black Ink should wait for the VSync of the monitor when rendering the user interface.
- New Log View panel. This panel displays logged information of Black Ink activity (shortcut: I)
- New Notification Bar : Warning and error messages are displayed on this bar if the Log panel isn’t visible.
- Fixed Rendering artifacts on some brushes
- Fixed Random crash when changing color after clicking the color button in parameter editor.
- Fixed Crash when using the Transform tool on little canvas.
- Fixed Crash when opening a grayscale JPEG image.
- Fixed Using the second button on a stylus stops the stroke and the user can’t draw until he uses another tool
- Fixed An error in color mode blending equation.
- Fixed The lasso informations are now in canvas space. This enables the user to transform the view while retaining all lasso data.
- Fixed Tool icons and brush favorites overlaps after a Black Ink Window resize
- Color palette is now interpolated in gamma space instead of linear space for easier color picking.
- The maximum zoom limit is now 6400% instead of 1600%
- TestPanel 1 and TestPanel 2 have been removed.
The Version 0.205.1923 is now available
As promised in our last annonce, a new Black Ink release is out!
The most important new features are customizable layout, multi-monitor support and stroke smoothing.
List of changes :
- New DirectX11 renderer when available
- New Hold Z shortcut: set the drawing smoothness
- New The Controller Editor can now be dragged out of Black Ink’s main window. More panels will have this behavior in future versions.
This feature shows the new Stacking capacity for such windows in Black Ink. However, some controls/editors are fixed to their place to keep a consistent UI.
- New Ctrl+← shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window left panel
- New Ctrl+↓ shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window bottom panel
- New Ctrl+→ shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window right panel
- New M shortcut: Toggle Brush Manager panel ( for the moment this panel is fixed and can’t be dragged out )
- New Ctrl+T shortcut: Transform current selection
- Improved Framerate when drawing.
- Black Ink window can be resized by the dragging the top border
- In the transform tool, after clicking a command button (like “flip horizontally”) the focus is not tied to this button anymore, so that pressing Enter validates the current transform.
- You can now click on the brush and eraser icon in the top right part of Black Ink to directly select the last brush or the eraser ( same as B and E shortcut )
- An option have been added in the Zoom tool to enable/disable zooming at more than 100%.
- When using the Save command on a document which isn’t a BKD, the program automatically transforms the command into a Save As.
- Fixed Sometimes when doing Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on big images, the copied content isn’t polluted with some invalids squares anymore.
- Fixed The Color Blending mode doesn’t output blocky results when using dark color
- Fixed Crash in trial version when saving when the trial time has expired ( issue )
- Fixed Random crash after loading a BKD
- Fixed Crash when importing a grayscale JPG
- Fixed Several ( all ? ) random crashes when using the program
- Fixed If the Selection or Transform properties are opened in the sidebar panel, clicking the "Show Brush manager" has effect ( issue )
- Fixed When hovering the Selection and Transform tools, the popups can disappear under the cursor, and you can only get them back by moving the cursor out of the panel and back into it. ( issue )
- Fixed With multiple monitor, the Black Ink Window is moved to another monitor when activating the application.
This new version was a lot of work because we added some substantial internal features, which led to significant changes in the core - but it was well worth it because it will allow us to integrate powerful features more easily!
Black Ink’s OpenGL renderer is also underway, and will eventually lead to the Mac OS X version.
Anyway thank you for your support and patience.
See you soon