tl;dr Buy this game right now, full price if you have to, it is worth every penny and then some.
You know when you look at a game and you go, oh yeah I can dig that. Then you buy it, and then look at the clock and you just spent the last 14 hour straight playing? This is one of those games. That should sell you enough without even reading on.
So heres the obligatory pros and cons list
1. Graphics are very nice and detailed. Much detail went into a lot of the textures, and environmental effects to enhance the feeling of the zone you are in. Also the granularity and amount of settings to tweek would make any enthusiast gamer smile.
2. Skills are almost ripped right out of titan quest. Mix and match up to two different skill trees to form your own classes!
3. The current story is rather intriguing, and for a game genre not typically inundated with dialogue, it offers nice story depth, and "bioware-esque" branching diologue.
4. The sounds and music are very well created to the atmospheres you travel around to.
5. Closest thing I've ever come across to an open world ARPG. It gives a general direction to head in, and several winding paths and side dungeons to explore, making the map feel massive in scale.
6. Fledgling ( Currently ) crafting system which uses upgrades as a currency for crafting multitudes of items. Very exciting to see where they take it from here.
7. Offline and Online multiplayer, currently up to 4 players.
8. Heres a unique one, The game doesnt treat you like a child, and hold your hand. It gives you the option for pop up tutorials if thats your thing, but after that, it doesnt spoonfeed you easy enemies and a straight path. It tends to let you wander and choose many different ways to get to your goal. Some more painful than others.
9. The combat feels punchy and rewarding if you can get the hang of how the A.I. functions and your mastery of the controls.
10. THE ABILITY TO MOVE YOUR CAMERA, and to zoom out. These simple buttons make all the world personally. You can view everything in any angle you choose!
1. The graphics / engine. The game is, albeit, an alpha, however it suffers from extreme frame dips, chops, stutters, and minor freezes. It is generally playable, yet sometimes it randomly dips to near unplayable frame rates for no apparent reason, causing many a player to drop their settings.
2. The current amount of skill trees feel rather limited to the basics, and it feels rather cramped in comparison to Titan Quest.
3. The multiplayer is glitchy, and crahses for reasons unknown more often then appreciated.
4. Information on some quests and most items and crafting is very scarce due to the new-ness of the game, which sometimes causes confusion.
5. No voice overs on the main bulk of dialogue causes a small feeling of disconnect from the story.
In summary, the game will steal many an hour from your spare time if you let it, and they are very well deserved and spent hours, based on the amount of money they are currently asking. The game is in no way finished yet, and there are extremely exciting features coming soon, such as Factions, and hopefully more crafting.