“So when I say Cthulhu Saves The World is already one of my favourite games of 2011 you can be sure I've not been swayed by its astonishingly precise pastiche of early 1990s JRPG cliches, strident synth music, chunky menus and all. It's simply a really clever, hugely enjoyable game, and it's as much honest tribute as cheeky spoof.”
“It's rare to find a game that is both entertaining and genuinely funny, and so far Cthulhu Saves the World is both.”
About the Game
The lord of insanity, Cthulhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were sealed by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it in an epic parody RPG journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
- Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
- Inflict insanity upon your opponents for fun and profit!
- 6-10 hour quest with unlockable game modes & difficulty levels for increased replay value.
- Highlander mode – XP gains are quadrupled, but only one character can be brought into battle at a time!
- Score Attack mode – Gain points by defeating bosses at the lowest LV possible!
- Overkill – Jump to LV40 in a single battle! Perfect for replays and experimentation!
- Cthulhu's Angels mode – Remix mode with new playable characters, new dialogue, new bosses, and more!
- All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!