“I completed the level and was reduced to disturbingly orgasmic cries. I haven’t felt as good with a videogame, in that direct physical way, for quite a while.”
– Kieron Gillen, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
“I can't say enough good things about VVVVVV. It's Terry Cavanagh's best game to date, and one of the best platformers I've ever played. If you have any interest in challenging platformers whatsoever, you'd be doing yourself a disservice not to pick up VVVVVV.”
10/10 – Anthony Burch, Destructoid
“...it would be wrong to let the sheer fiendishness of Cavanagh’s offering overwhelm any appreciation of the ceaseless elegance of the design.”
8/10 – EDGE
About This Game
Help! Everyone has been teleported away randomly! As the heroic Captain Viridian, it's up to you to find your friends, bring them back to safety, and save the universe!
VVVVVV is a platform game all about exploring one simple mechanical idea - what if you reversed gravity instead of jumping?
The game is designed not to artificially gate your progress. In VVVVVV there are no locks, no power-ups, no switches, nothing to stop you progressing except the challenges themselves.
- Elegant, minimalistic level design.
- Challenging, fast and fun gameplay.
- Frequent checkpoints mean you never have to replay challenges you've already beaten.
- Over half an hour of chiptune music by composer Magnus Pålsson.
- Special game modes, including time trials and a no death mode.