STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Hello all :)
Michael W Hillard and his dad Ernest were kind enough to provide their talent and record trumpets, tenor sax, trombone in their studio to replace our sampled ones in two tracks of the game ("Staff Roll" and the second variation of "The Last Dungeon" that plays when you return to the castle with Hawk-Man). Michael, between two concerts, went back and integrated the new recordings and remastered the tracks.
We also started rebalancing the Hard mode. I think it is better balanced now it will be a little easier in early stages and harder in later stages. Your feedback is appreciated!
Here's a summary of what happened:
- Music: Updated "Staff Roll" and "The Last Dungeon - Encore" tracks with real recordings for Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone (Michael W Hillard) and Tenor Sax (Ernest W Hillard).
- Audio: Better overall audio balance for retro PSG/FM sfx and music. Lowered retro sfx volumes relative to respective retro music volumes. Upped retro music volumes by 10% to match modern music volumes.
- Gameplay: Hard mode balancing: Timer turns every 30 seconds (instead of 25).
- Gameplay: Hard mode balancing: Timer resets when entering Dragon Room.
- Gameplay: Hard mode balancing: Timer removes health proportionally to current health amount (typically easier in early stage, harder in later stages of the game, vs old code didn't do much in later stages).
- Gameplay: Hard mode balancing: Various minor tweaks in Sky Palace.
- Gameplay: Hard mode balancing: Made the Yellow Shadow have little less Attack Points in Hard mode.
- Achievements: Now it doesn't grant "Hard-Earned" achievement on Hard Clear if the slot was started from a password.
- Graphics: Added floor reflections in the magical room prior to the Sky Palace.
- UI: Added Sky Palace location banner.
- UI: Fixed Ending Credits play time being rightfully included in the saveslot timer when returning to title screen, but not actually saved to disk, so quitting immediately would remove a few minutes on the timer.
- UI: Fixed in-game door & mouse rotate popup timers from triggering when Pause is active.
- UI/Retro: Fixed the Hourglass rotation in Retro UI from being painfully slow.
- Audio: Fixed playing the "Landing" sound effect when appearing in the Last Dungeon after the Intro.
- Credits: Added Seaven's Pascal & Olivier young faces.
- Graphics: Enable the option to change the fullscreen resolution.
- Graphics: Frame Limiter back on by default.
- Graphics: Double default windowed mode size on 4K screens.
- Inputs: Fixed legacy non-xinput controller remapping referring to xinput buttons names ("A") instead of actions ("Jump").
- Inputs: Disabled UP/DOWN analog threshold added on Build 1884005 which makes Mouse-Man harder to play.
You can follow day to day patches (pushed to the BETAS branch of the MAIN branch) at http://steamcommunity.com/app/543260/discussions/0/1354868867711830598/
Thanks for reading!
“Everything is beautifully, fluidly animated, yet manages to be absolutely faithful to the source material.”
“Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is a must-own for fans of the series and old-school gamers in general.”
“Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap Is Everything a Remake Should Be.”
Waypoint / Vice
© SEGA / LAT 2017, all rights reserved
© DotEmu 2017, all rights reserved
Developed by Lizardcube
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.