STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
February 20th, 2017 Update
New Off Road Track Editor with new UNDO & REDO buttons, New Track Editor Camera controls and Menu updates.
I focused on making the track editor easier to use in this update. The UNDO and REDO buttons were something I should have had since day one. The ability to easily jump forward and backward in steps should make the creative process a little smoother and less stressful.
Thank you very much for the support. I look forward to seeing your creations in the D Series Track Map Workshop and trying them all out.
Track Editor Updates:
- Added a UNDO and REDO button in the Track Editor. This will remove the stress of messing up your creation and will give you the ability to be more creative.
- Added a Camera Axis "GIZMO" in the track editor screen to switch viewing angles. You can click on any axis on it and go to Top View, Side View...etc. This can be useful for overhead painting and viewing things when lining them up in rows or straight lines. Just click on any of its exposed axis to go to that camera angle.
- Rebuilt the Track Editors camera controller to be simpler to move around. You can now Right click and "move" the camera to look around. You can hold Alt to rotate the camera around an object or point in space. You can press the middle mouse button to Pan around. (Hold shift to 10x Pan speed). The center Mouse wheel is still zoom.
- Rebuilt the "Focus on object" feature to better center the camera and update the zoom as well. "F"Key by default. You can also zoom on the terrain when you dont have an in scene object selected by hitting the F Key. This is another way to jump around quickly in the scene.
- Added a "Find Object" button. Whatever object you have selected in the track editor menu it will find each instance of that and cycle through them. This will help you find objects in the map much easier. It can also be used for finding tough to see objects.
- Added a button in the Extra Tools menu that will Show or Hide the surrounding terrain so you can adjust the track to work better with the generic surrounding terrain.
- Fixed some small bugs that would move the camera around or turn on the layout Grid when typing in the Save Custom Track Menu.
- Added the Names, Traction Levels, Rolling Friction and the Static Friction to the Texture Images in the Track editor. This will make it easier to tell what textures do what and make it easier to choose the right texture for the job.
D Series Off Road Simulation has been rebuilt from the ground up for 2017. Complete with a new Input Controller System, DX11 Graphics, Multiplayer and a easy to use In Game Track Editor. It's also now available in Mac and Linux versions too!
New Official Trailer for 2017!
TRACK EDITOR and SHARING TO STEAM WORKSHOP:
With the new in game track editor, you can create anything you can imagine and then share your off road creations to the steam workshop with just one click. Build your local favorite race track or go crazy with a fantasy off road park.
There are over 200 different objects in the track editor to add to a track. Make sure to read the Track Editor Guide below to help you get going quickly.
To get more tracks from the community, simply subscribe to them in the D Series Workshop and then next time you restart your game they will be in your Community Tracks menu. Its that easy. Remember to like and share your favorite tracks and you can even create a collection of tracks that you think others will enjoy.
Since the track editor is brand new, it is going to take a little time for new community tracks to show up in the Workshop. Some ideas of tracks and maps that you can create are.... Monster Truck Venues, Rubicons, Rally stages, Closed Loop Racing Tracks, Drag Strip, Hillclimbs.... the possibilities are endless.
This new 2017 version of D Series Off Road Driving Simulation also features a BETA 10 car Multiplayer. You can use any of the Default Tracks or even one of the community tracks from the Steam Workshop. If you do not have the correct or updated version of the track on your computer the game will warn you that there is a new version of that track and you can just restart your game and the track will update automatically. Please remember that the multiplayer is not fully finished and may change features at any time in the future.
You can now use a winch in the Rock Crawling Vehicle. It will allow you to pass un climbable hills and obstacles. The cable on it is about 150-160ft long. (~47 Meters). You can only attach it to special winch spots and trees that the track designer has to include in the track editor. You can even click a "Winch Spots" button on the vehicles HUD and it will show the available winch spots with a bright blue glow.
The game now features four new Help Guides to help with controller setups, track creation, winching, washing vehicles etc.
Track Editor Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=811043030
Explore FPV Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812788677
Winching Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812772796
Controller Setup Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812800575
“Certainly something different to the "same old same old".”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.