Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Thanks to all your help, Rodina is faster and more stable than ever! This update finally allows you to control your ship in first person from the pilots chair!
(Press F (or whatever your "Activate" key is) while piloting the ship in order to bring up the piloting menu, which will allow you to toggle first person mode.)
It also comes with some significant optimizations, including some new options: Retro Mode, and Lighting Quality, which can drastically improve performance!
Here are the full patch notes:
**** RODINA 1.1.7 ****
* New Feature: Retro Mode!
* New Feature: Lighting Quality option
* New Feature: EnableGodMode() script function
* New Feature: FXAA Antialiasing (sorry- had to remove MSAA for now)
* New Feature: Freelook button (ALT) for looking around while piloting the ship
* Optimization: Added frustum culling
* Optimization: Added planet horizon culling
* Optimization: Move processing from pixel shader to vertex shader
* Improvement: Switched back to 1 3D ship model (+1 optional physics model). No more flying vs parked versions.
* Improvement: Flashlight tutorial stage
* Improvement: Activate jetpack when pressing the "down" (CTRL) button while in mid-air
* Improvement: Make fires slightly easier
* Bugfix: Turn off portals when the ship door is open
* Bugfix: Fix problem with swapping mouse buttons
* Bugfix: Fix doors which can lead to the void between interior and ship
* Bugfix: Fix tutorial messages fighting with the notification system
* Bugfix: Fix angles wall physics
* Bugfix: Fix discrepency with the entity scheduling
* Bugfix: Fix broken arrow/page keys for scrolling in menus
**** RODINA 1.1.6 ****
* New Feature: Cockpit Mode
* New Feature: Holoscreen windows + tileset
* New Feature: Sitting in chairs
* New Feature: EGHealPlayer() script function
* Improvement: Keep shader cache files loaded so we don't need to access HDD to recompile shaders
* Improvement: Poll planet height render textures form the render thread rather than generation thread
* Bugfix: Fixed clicking outside of the bounds of a scrolling window
Thanks everyone for your feedback so far! I just updated the beta with the following bugfixes:
* Fix camera frustum (problem where planet tiles weren't rendering in Limnal mode)
* Removed the Flying/Parked vehicle model dichotomy
* Added free-look to vehicle mode
* Added a keybind for toggling console mode
* Fix held item duplication bug with piloting and savegames
* Change color of Holoscreens to black
* Fix angled wall physics
RODINA® is a registered trademark of Elliptic Games LLC. All content copyright Elliptic Games.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.