STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Hey guys! I'm here with what I believe will be the last Dev update for this milestone. This time I have a ton of changes, many of which are behind the scenes. Some of it has to do with the Bots though:
* Randomized Bot parts - now when you call MakeRobot() from the console, the bots will be randomized! It's not polished up yet but it's fun to see a variety of robots pop out at once :)
* Robots animate slightly and look around as they wander.
* There are lots of optimizations related to robots as well as some with terrain generation. Performance should be better with lots of bots onscreen now, although their AI performance will degrade the more of them there are. I also added a new option, "Terrain Creation Rate", which (when turned down) can result in smoother gameplay (with fewer hitches) at the cost of slower terrain updating. Let me know what values work best for you!
* Oh, the player ship shows up on the Scanner now too.
There are a ton of other changes in this update but I don't think there's anything else worth explaining. Don't worry, I'll post a full changelist when the update comes out!
As always, the Dev updates might have bugs! I don't recommend playing on the Dev branch unless you want to be helping me test!
Hey folks! New dev update to keep you up-to-date on what I'm working on!
* Wandering Robots: the robots, while still majorly in-progress, now have autonomous random movement. They can wander around your ship without getting stuck on walls or doors. Try them out with the "MakeRobot()" console command.
* Lots of major physics fixes related to the major refactoring from last time. Thanks to everyone for bug reports!
* Enemies ship groups should no longer respawn. You can clear planets now! (this was buggy before- let me know how it goes! Look for respawning, planets having way too many enemies, etc)
As usual, this update may be buggy and is only for info and testing purposes!
I know it may not look like it but I'm making great progress on the robots. After this I'm just working on fun robot stuff - animation, behaviors, sound FX, etc! Very exciting!
RODINA® is a registered trademark of Elliptic Games LLC. All content copyright Elliptic Games.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.