STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
This is a major milestone for Rodina – our first NPCs! Continue the game’s storyline in order to create Baby Automaton Bots and bring your ship to life! Bots will wander around your ship and look at the various contraptions, saying their names in Robot-ese. They can follow you around. And each one has their own unique brightly colored, animated, and only slightly creepy eyes!
This update also comes with Mod Support. After playing the game once, a “Mods” folder will be created, into which you can drop new Mod directories. The files in the Mod folders will be loaded when the game starts, and can override game files in some cases. Now there’s no need to manually overwrite files to install mods!
Here's the changelist from the readme:
**** RODINA 1.2.0 ****
* Story Update: New messages and story elements, picking up at the end of the original story
* New Feature: NPCs. Includes Vision Sensor, Eye Shader, and Procedural Voices
* New Feature: Mod Support
* New Feature: Run Toggle
* New Feature: "Limnal Assist" particles while in Cruise Mode show you when your ship is getting a speed boost in deep space
* Improvement: Enemy ships no longer respawn
* Improvement: Player position added to Scanners
* Improvement: Many story/UI polishes, inluding flashing UI Icons for target entities, and more tutorial elements
* Improvement: Major internal physics refactor
* Improvement: Scripts loaded automatically (without LoadScripts file). Errors generated when compiler finds broken dependencies.
* Improvement: Texture generation scripts refactored and much simpler now.
* Improvement: Added "Convex" and "Mesh" physics types for entities (not tested extensively)
* Bugfix: Gameplay script context was not being garbage collected, leading to hitches
* Bugfix: Fixed vehicle formation movements in non-highprocess, causing crazy distant ship movements
Got it! I think I've really fixed the bug with the bad interior physics now! Turns out it was a problem that only happened with loading savegames :)
Thank you to everyone for your help getting these bugs fixed! If all goes well, I'll release the update tomorrow!
RODINA® is a registered trademark of Elliptic Games LLC. All content copyright Elliptic Games.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.