GTI Racing uniquely blends a realistic and highly detailed car physics simulation with the pure fun of driving in a very dynamic way. Grab the wheel, push the pedal to the metal and gather the sensation for the incredible sense of speed and the power of all the real world cars.
Release Date: Aug 24, 2006
Watch HD video
About the GameGTI Racing uniquely blends a realistic and highly detailed car physics simulation with the pure fun of driving in a very dynamic way. Grab the wheel, push the pedal to the metal and gather the sensation for the incredible sense of speed and the power of all the real world cars.
- Realistic driving model: Lifelike car physics reflect the pure enjoyment of dynamic car driving using some of the best dynamic physics around. Detailed handling model with carefully adjusted parameters give you full control of the car and an incredible ease of driving whilst still being very fun to drive.
- Cars: GTI Racing gives you the biggest collection of the legendary European Volkswagen Golf series cars. Choose one of the 15 GOLF models, representing all five generations from its original heritage through to the current day. Try out the GTI, G60 and the outstanding R32! Check out Volkswagens hottest concept cars and classics - along with the original Beetle and T1 "Samba" transporter.
- Tuning: GTI Racing introduces you to the professional car customization world, thanks to the impressive and wide array of original visual and performance modding and tuning parts. Spoilers, xenon lights, wide body kits, exhausts and rims - everything you would ever need or desire for the visual aspect of tuning your car. Turbo's, nitro`s, sports transmissions, performance brake kits and wide tires - unlimited performance tuning possibilities.
- Career: Over 70 races in 6 unique settings and scenarios against challenging AI opponents will keep the heat on. Time trial, Drift competition and Drag racing, wild Baja and new Legal Race modes. Finish all 25 Championships located in Germany, France, Italy, UK and USA, earn money and spend it on your ride!
- Dynamic race surroundings: GTI Racing introduces a new level of intensity into the world of racing thanks to fully physics simulated hundreds of objects on the tracks. Use fully interactive objects to create your advantage - slow down your opponents or disable their cars completely.
- Demanding AI: drivers make full use of the driving and collision physics model. They will cut you off, run you off the road, use shortcuts to get to the finish line first, so be on your guard and watch out for them.
- Detailed car damage: every contact you make with and object or form of racing collision will leave a dent on your vehicle! Based on Xpand Rally experiences highly detailed damage and mechanical car part stress models this has ben used to great effect to enhance the experience with a very rich flavor!
- Online drive: Race through LAN or on the Internet. Extremely playable Baja mode, closed circuits, highways, drift driving competitions and drag racing championship which will give the multi player racer something to shout about. Intense 4 player racing and action in each race.
Minimum System Requirements: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, P IV/AMD Athlon processor with 1.8 GHz, 256 MB RAM, Video card with 64 MB, DX 8.0 compatible (GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 9200)*, Sound card DX 8.0 compatible, 2,5 GB of free space on hard drive, DirectX 9.0c, 56k Modem (for Internet multiplayer mode)
Recommended System Requirements: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, P IV/AMD Athlon processor with 2.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Video card with 128 MB, DX 9.0 compatible (GeForce 5700 or ATI Radeon 9600)*, Sound card DX 8.0 compatible, 2,5 GB of free space on hard drive, DirectX 9.0c, ISDN Internet connection (for Internet multiplayer mode)
Please note that video cards that do not support T&L in hardware do not fully meet the games minimum spec and will therefore suffer performance issues. The game requires video card with Pixel Shader 1.1. The Game was not tested with onboard graphics cards, including laptops.
*The game does not support GeForce 4MX video cards.
More like this
6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful
1 of 21 people (5%) found this review helpful
110 products in account
1.0 hrs on record
Basically a crappy Volkswagon advertisement. It sat on the shelf at a Gamestop until corporate dropped the price to a penny which meant it was supposed to be thrown away. It's not even worth that one penny. The graphics aren't that awful but absolutely everything else is uninspired, buggy, and lacking. Play Gran Turismo instead.
12 of 13 people (92%) found this review helpful
187 products in account
26.6 hrs on record
A cheap and cheerful arcade racing game based on an old iteration of the chrome engine (Call of Juarez etc.) The graphics are not the best by today's standards but the game doesn't cost much these days either. The cars are all Volkswagons, from the early eighties Golf GTi to late 90's concept, old and new Beetles are included and even the VW Camper. You can customise most of the parts, by winning races and spending your prize money, but this is not a sim. Most customisations make very little difference to performance unless they boost the BHP. It takes some practice to consistently win events and opponents are challenging but a bit stupidly rough, bashing you off the track if they can. A real bonus in a game like this is the availabilty of a cockpit view, making it more realistic and challenging. It's fun, works with a Logitech wheel, and it took me 25 hours to complete so the value can't be questioned. Worth a try if you're stuck for some racing action.
6 of 7 people (86%) found this review helpful
43 products in account
6 of 13 people (46%) found this review helpful
605 products in account
2.3 hrs on record
GTI Racing is a game where you race variants of the VW vehicles that's GTI, from the Bettle to Golf, and more. There are variety of courses, but some are simply running the same course in reverse, or have a slightly variant route. You can also spend some of your earnings to improve your vehicle in various ways, from improved ECM to racing tires, from improved exhaust to turbocharger. This is an arcade racer, where the idea is not to make mistakes and still go fast. Graphics are decent, but that's all. It's an arcade racer, and a budget title. You can find better racing games cheaper.