Very well made game, highly addicting. I couldn't stop playing until i was done with it :)
- couldn't really play in window mode, because it would crash for me (only one crash in Fullscreen)
- well, not really 24+ hours of gameplay. It took me 10 hours to play through and unlock all (ingame) achievements. the only thing i didn't do was complete all Pirate-levels with 5 Stars (because i'm not a big fan of Angry Bird-mechanics)
- although the game crashed a couple of times, no progress was lost
- 10 hours of simple fun (totally worth the money, even at full price)
- 12 levels of an Angry Bird style Pirate game
- addicting unlock system, where you want to procede into higher tiers and unlock more buildings
- it starts of very simple and gets alot more complex as you have to handle alot more wares and workers, but it never felt overwhelming
- time challenges (optional) where you have to do certain tasks or get a fixed amount of wares (reward is a small bonus and it counts towards an achievement, but you can take all the time you want to finish)
What do you have to do in this game?
It's all about handling your settlers. There are five different Professions which they will specialise in, depending on what you let them do more often. They will ofcourse work faster when they do a job which they are specialised in (but don't worry you can relearn them later on in the game).
On top of that they have 3 Statusbars which will decrease over time and might slow down their workflow alot. There is
- Hunger (will decrease over time while they work)
- Companionship (will decrease depending if they like their job, are ok with it, or dislike it; to raise it they will interrupt their work and talk to another settler for a while)
- Health (some jobs are marked as risky and they will cost life over time; they won't die but need to heal up from time to time at the hospital - which needs herbs, so just like with food you have to watch out that you have enough of it)
The buildings are in fixed locations so you have to manage how many workers you declare per building or you need to drag and drop your settlers to fasten up their production rate.
You also have to trade your wares for Gold so you can afford more Settlers and upgrades for your buildings.
So if you like to build-up, manage economy / workflow and trade - this game is absolutely for you.