About the Game
Imagine Earth - Planetary Colonization
A futuristic world simulation. Your job as a colony manager is to explore and populate various undiscovered planets.
Raise great cities and supply your growing population by building power plants, farms and factories. Key to fast expansion is to ensure the supply of four basic resource classes. The challenge is to deal with whole planetary ecosystems and their natural limitations in fossile resources and environmental resilience. Do research for renewable energy sources and develop sustainable production lines to avoid overgrowth and climate collapse of your new homeworlds. Will it end up in tremendous desolation or can you lead your colony into wealth and prosperity?
FEATURES & ROADMAP
- Absolutely unique 360° open planets of different magnitude
- A motivating bonus goal system is driving you into expansion
- Over 30 individual constructs with more than 60 upgrades
- Global simulation of spreading local ground pollution and worldwide emissions.
- Disasters: chemical spills, oil slicks, radioactive contamination, wild fires, tornados, dying forest and growing deserts.
- Melting polar caps will raise sea levels and flood your coasts in case of global warming.
Read more about planned features in our roadmap: http://www.imagineearth.info/roadmap/
Only cities with happy people will grow and very happy people will pay you some bonus cash. So you should take care of local pollution and nearby buildings with bad influence. Expanding colonies will be provided with additional landing permissions and research budget. Upgrade established technologies or develop new ones. Over 30 constructs and 60 upgrades with different advantages, influences and side effects are available and allow you to build your individual colony.
The strategic placement of your production facilities is vital:
- The build radius around your city center is limited
- Some buildings influence each other (e.g. you better don’t place a farm next to a coal power plant)
- Different field types increase or decrease the productivity of your facilities (e.g. fossil resource fields)
- Pollution has an impact on your food production
- Some fields are blocked by rocks or forest (helps to balance the pollution but can also be lumbered for money)
Beware: A fast growing civilization can bring your planets ecosystem to it’s limits. Wildfires, dying forests, growing deserts and twisters will arise more frequently and require immediate action.
Incidents in your facilities can lead to chemical leaks, oil spills or even radioactive contamination. All of them having a really bad effect on your people and the food production. Maintain your buildings and fight catastrophes immediately to avoid this.
Ultimately, you will have to balance the growth of your civilizations greehouse gas emissions with the capabilities of your planet and technology. Otherwise global warming melts the iceat the polar caps and rising sea levels will flood your cities!
The story will challenge your skills and moral: You stand between the profit goals of the interstellar corporations and the need to preserve the conditions of living for your people. Meet corrupt chiefs and shareholders while your company faces hostile takeover by larger corporations.
Each of the 5 missions takes place on another planet - one order of magnitude bigger than the previous. Every mission will have some unique elements, like cultural heritage sites or even incoming asteroids. Altogether, the story will have 10 to 20 hours of gameplay. Additionally, there will be a Free Game mode that allows you to build your colony in a relaxed way without any goals and a Time Trial mode that maximizes your expansion skills.
Sounds perfect? Apply for a colony management job at Imagine Earth Ltd. now!