Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Includes four copies of the game - Send the extra copies to your friends.
I just released major update 37. Thanks everyone for the feedback, it really helped!
For this update I was focusing on lots of tiny bug fixes, rough edges, general polish. The game I think feels a lot better due to some physics changes and easier catching. There's also a brand new training mode. These were all things that were critical for the demo, because I wanted to give the best possible first impression.
Anyways, here's the full change notes:
- Added 'Random Game Mode' option
- Votekick threshold is now one more than half of participants
- Catching made easier - window extends slightly before and slightly after cursor is on ball
- Added much more robust Training mode, including catch tutorial
- Bot traction and acceleration is greatly increased
- Bot bounce when hitting the ground is greatly decreased
- Added game mode description on Team Select panel when joining or starting new match (can use Tab to view scoreboard)
Fixed teams sometimes shuffling or autobalancing to lopsided player counts
Pogo Jump is no longer instant, it is just a quickly charged jump that send you very high
- Removed Monster Truck Tire powerup (now that all grip is strong)
- Added more animation to HUD text alerts
- Fixed some Koreographer light timings
- Improved lighting in Nexus
- Turned off old audio analysis system for performance reasons
- Fixed issues with AI bots getting stuck in Derby mode
- Bots don't rush and crowd players as much
- Dodgeballs reset to neutral if they bounce off a player's shield
- Can return power cube even if holding a ball
- Fixed player names defaulting to 'Player' instead of their Steam name
- More header text on game menus
- Got rid of excessive ProBuilder errors in debug output log when loading scene
- Fixed some checkpoints saying 'Lap [x]'
- Final checkpoint now says 'Finish'
- Added notification on spawn if players have never thrown a fully charged shot
- Team Select popup no longer appears in solo training or Challenge modes
- Higher resolution ball texture
- Prevented error messages caused by UpdatePing after user left room
- XP bar now reflects your team color
- When changing match settings, it now prefers current server settings over saved preferences (prevents unexpected setting changes)
- Stopped 'BotMatch' from overwriting stored room name preference
- Fails more gracefully when creating a room with a duplicate name
- Decreased wall and floor friction on bot to help prevent getting stuck on ledges
- Got rid of ground pound, wasn't very useful
- Assist system working again
- Reduced tire squeal when sliding along wall
- Shows assisting user when scoring hoops, cube captures and KOs
- Fixed catches being shown as being 'assisted' when thrown ball was previously caught
- Fixed 'Avenge' KO saying 'You hit [player]'
Thanks to Minestar0123 we've now got a Teamspeak channel you can use for Disco Dodgeball!
- Download TeamSpeak client
- Go to connections / Connect
- Connect to IP 188.8.131.52:10467 (no password)
- Join the Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball room
- There should be a few blank rooms you can join and use for your matches
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.