Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Includes four copies of The Red Solstice - Send the extra copies to your friends!
With this update we bring you two new missions.
First one is a mission featuring insurgents in what might be called a very explosive situation. It has a random chance of starting on wave 9
Second starts at random times and involves some machines gone bad.
A new legendary item has also been added that will not only give your marine some very nice stat upgrades, but will also make him look nice and fluffy. Of course, such legendary items can be acquired only by players who dare to play on atreiden difficulty.
Marksman gets a new "seismic pillar" skill with this update. It should prove very useful for both crowd control and dealing with burrowed targets.
Assault gets a considerable upgrade on his T1 sensors.
As a result of some fiddling with graphics, game has been reported to be working on some integrated GPU machines that were not being able to run it before. If you were unable to run the game before, please check if you can run it now and let us know.
Finally we can say that we are getting happy about how the game is looking from a technical standpoint. Deeply buried engine problems that were driving us mad by causing random crashes have been mostly identified and patched up, parts of the network engine have been optimized and are behaving more reliably, and optimizations of the resource loader have given us much more satisfying loading times. Of course there is much left to be fixed and tweaked in the engine, but current situation has allowed us to finally step out of the "this must be fixed NOW" mode and divide our manpower between technical fixes and content generation.
As a result, with this patch we bring you 2 new missions, one legendary (for experienced players only) and one secondary. We are also introducing one bio signature mission featuring a new boss.
Weapons have been tweaked a bit. Arclite damage cap has been removed (should provide a nice buff to hellfire class), and pistol has been given an ammo costly but high damage burst mode.
Among monsters, holers will be seeing greatest changes with this update. They will burrow now, and while they are burrowed will move underground, ignoring all obstacles, damaging everything above them. Everything includes turrets and other items. With these holer changes, different tactics will have to be used to eliminate them efficiently, increasing the importance of the seismic resonator items.
Follower AI has been greatly changed. They will no longer linearly follow a player they have been assigned to, but will have their own move patterns, avoiding monsters and explosives, while still keeping in a certain radius around their assigned player. They can still be assigned, unassigned and ordered to hold position, but will also automatically follow a player that comes near them when they are discovered. This new AI system will require further tweaks, but we are very happy about how this change has impacted gameplay so far.
Ironward team wishes you happy hunting!
- added 2 new missions(1 legendary and 1 secondary)
- added 1 more bio-signature mission with new boss
- extended duration for hatchling missoin by 2 minutes
- removed Arclite damage cap
- pistol has Auto and Burst mode now
- huge overhaul to holers and their functionality
- burrowing cratures will no longer be targeted by autoaim
- increased PDA on terra 4 reading time from 1 to 7 seconds
- players who disconnect will drop all items now
- recon flare gun working again
- increased nest HP from ALL nest missions from 400 to 1000
- amount of rockets spawn increased by 2
- nerfed Achlys a bit, and changed his behaviour
- added additional AI to followers
- followers CAN still be used normally with CTRL + LMB/RMB and ASSIGNED/UNASSIGNED
- if player comes into their range they will automatically start being near player
- if player places explosives they will do their best to move out of the way by
a) following player with sprint
b) moving towards mid section of closest teammembers
- if there is boss near, they will run in opposite direction of the boss
- "Press Ctrl for more info" will be only displayed above mouse traget instead of all objects on screen
- items can be picked up from distance now(1.5m)
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.