This DLC package does not meet my expectations for the price.
1) Most systems are not simulated, basic systems only functional. There is a whole stack of LCD monitors in the cabin that are just blank. Seems that not much effort into simulation has been placed and I found standard stock trains operate better.
2) External train headlights do not work. There is a nighttime mission that is impossible to complete as you literally cannot see a thing ahead of you such as fixed unlit signs.
3) Basic game functions dont seem to work properly for example when attempting to pick passengers up from stations you can come to a complete stop open the doors, wait for the counter and the doors to close before annoyingly getting a message stating that you failed to pick up passengers. I did a whole 60 minute mission only to have this happen on the second last stop meaning the mission was incomplete. Frustrating quirks like this are many.
4) The train model itself appears unfinished for example the high speed tunnel section gives speed limits in km/h however the guage reads in mph. Every time the speed changes I had to calculate the conversion just to know what speed I was meant to be doing otherwise the train flips the emergency brakes which will not disconnect even after coming to a complete stop. In the instructional mission this is all corrected and working but for some strange reason not in the normal missions.
5) The system that changes the trains power supply to and from DC does not work. For example I ran a whole mission from London to Faversham without changing from DC power.
6) This may not be the fault of the developer however the route itself is extremely boring. You have one high speed section (220km/h not so high speed) out of London and from there on you a plagued by extremely slow speed limits between stations sometimes not getting above 30mph for long periods. I dont believe that it is possible to run a high speed service where most of the trip and I mean about 80% of the journey your not exeeding 50mph. The speed limits will bring you into stations from a great distance demanding you dont exceed 15mph. At that speed it feels like you could walk faster than the train as it arrives.
7) There are many more problems with this program and if it was a free DLC I would be quite satisfied with putting up with its many issues but certainly not when it is priced so high. I mean I can buy all the episodes of Life is strange for less than this DLC. It doesn't add up because the time and effort does not appear to be there for this DLC. This DLC has been around for a while now, these issues should have been rectified. The fact they havent just spells highway robbery in my book. Dovetail or whatever your called, you need to pull your head in and stop overcharging for DLC's.
1) The sounds are not bad, I like the sound of the train as it spools up and down.
2) I like the track apart from the stupid speed limits once your out of the high speed tunnel. With a good train it might not be so bad.
2) I am trying to be fair but I honestly cannot think of many good things to say about this DLC. It should be priced at no more than $5. For that money it would be worth having for the track. But it is definately not what I would call a High speed DLC. The high speed section is mostly in a tunnel and it isnt that fast.
I hope this review is helpful, I am not trying to bring the developer down however they are quite happy to take my hard earned cash, charging a premium for what is undoubtably a broken DLC. FIX IT.