I think it's about time to write a review of C9 since I've been playing it for nearly 2 years.
What is C9?
C9, or Continent of the Ninth Seal is an MMORPG run by Webzen. C9 has a heavy focus on PVP, which features an innovative combo system, and a gameplay which requires precision and timing.
PVE wise C9 has instance style dungeons that can be accessed from towns.
If you are looking for an action MMO, then C9 could be your perfect choice.
There are however some issues, which could ruin your overall experience:
- Webzen does not care its' customers. If you get scammed or hacked they won't help.
- The game servers are lagging, and the peer2peer system can be abused in PVP.
These two things you must keep in mind if you decide to play this, otherwise great game.
So let's see the PROS and CONS now in short.
- Innovative combat system. This game is NOT a point-n-click RPG, you need to do all the action yourself, much like in a hack-n-slash game, like DMC for example.
- 5 base classes, which divided to over 20 subclasses. All with their unique gameplay, as well as strenghts and weaknesses.
- Game is well optimized. It will run well on a weaker PC too.
- Easy to learn, hard to master.
- Webzen. They are basicly the tumor of this game. If C9 would be run by another company, it would be way better.
- Slow bug fixes, and recent updates are breaking the game balance, adding straight broken classes and pay2win items.
- Horrible community.
So the verdict:
If you are a casual player, then this game might turn you away for the reasons mentioned above. But if you are willing to invest enough time and effort, and maybe money then C9 is just the game for you, since it's a lot of fun once you get better with your class.......and the game doesn't lag, that is.