Genre: Point-and-Click Adventure
Following the death of her aunt, Rosangela Blackwell meets Joey Mallone, a ghost, and inherits her family legacy of guiding spirits to the afterlife.
At Joey's insistence, she begins an investigation to find the culprit behind a recent string of deaths involving college students.
- The rules of the game's world are thought-out and established for future installments.
- The puzzles, despite their flaws, are both interesting and unique.
- Most of the voice acting is good.
- Wonderful soundtrack that complements the game well.
- Voiced commentary covers a wide-range of topics offering much insight on the development process.
- Unlockable gag reels, sound test, and concept art.
- Several puzzles are unintuitive/strict regarding actions taken beforehand. This leads to a lot of backtracking.
- Plot is far-fetched with boring premises for the individual cases.
- There are frame drops during several parts of the game.
- The new additions to the developer commentary is mostly apologies.
Posted: February 25th, 2014