Experience the dramatic intensity of the frontlines of a war through the eyes of the first of a new breed of super soldiers in this gritty and epic first-person action game. An augmented super-soldier must stop a renegade regime from eradicating the civilized world. Hong Kong, 2065. 2nd Lt.
Release Date: Feb 22, 2005
View all 10 screenshots
Watch HD video
About the Game
Experience the dramatic intensity of the frontlines of a war through the eyes of the first of a new breed of super soldiers in this gritty and epic first-person action game.
An augmented super-soldier must stop a renegade regime from eradicating the civilized world.
Hong Kong, 2065. 2nd Lt. Nathan Frost is just a regular grunt in an international army called the Liberty Coalition. When he takes massive injuries from an explosion on the battlefield, Frost undergoes an experimental procedure. The outcome of the surgery is something more than human; a transformation that makes him a unique weapons-grade warrior, with abilities that far surpass those of the average soldier.
Empowered with these extra-normal abilities via implanted augmentations, Frost is immediately sent to the frontlines of a war as a secret weapon against the destructive regime. Stranded in hostile territory, cut off from command and far outnumbered, Frost and a handful of men must try and stop the entire renegade militia's plan threatening to plunge the world into darkness.
- Engage in battle online multiplayer with up to 16 players & voice over IP support in classic and new multiplayer modes.
- A wide variety of game pacing ranges from the frenetic chaos of battlefield action to tactical stealth infiltration style missions.
- Equip yourself with an arsenal of experimental weaponry such as the Riot Wall™ and Attack Drones, and other high tech gadgetry. Used in combination, the equipment yields a variety and depth of gameplay never before realized, especially in multiplayer play.
- In multiplayer, vehicles are co-operatively used; one guy drives while the other mans the mounted turrets.
- Augmentations such as Invisibility, Reflex Boost and Electrical Storm give you an edge on the battlefield against your highly equipped and battle-ready foe.
- Pick-up & play, visceral action pulls the player through a cinematically immersive storyline from Minute One of play.
- 11 missions spanning across 16 maps including the Opera House turned Prison, a Buddhist Temple converted to a Military Base, and the sprawling urban Wastelands.
Minimum: IBM PC or 100% compatible, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP, Pentium IV, 1.5 GHz (Or AMD Athlon XP equivalent) processor, 100% DirectX 64 MB 3D Accelerated video card with Pixel Shader v1.1 Capability, 256 MB System RAM, 100% DirectX 9 Compatible Sound Card, 3GB free uncompressed hard drive space (additional space may be necessary for saved games), 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible Mouse and Keyboard
As stated on the Project: Snowblind box, laptops and integrated video chips may work with Project: Snowblind, but are not supported. Should you incur problems while running the game on an integrated video chip, Eidos Tech Support will not be able to help you.
Recommended: Pentium IV, 2.4 Ghz (or AMD Athlon XPequivalent) or greater processor, 512 MB System RAM, 100% DirectX 9 128MB 3D Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support, 3GB of Hard Drive Space
Supported Video Chipsets:
nVidia GeForce 3Ti/4Ti/FX/6000 series - Note: GeForce MX series is NOT SUPPORTED. ATI Radeon 8500/9xxx or higher.
3 of 3 people (100%) found this review helpful
115 products in account
10.8 hrs on record
One of the best older FPS-games I ever played, due to the sheer number of weapons and attacks, ways to kill the enemys and deal with the missions it is nearly a sandbox game but gets really hard later on and challenges the player. Rarely had this much fun with an older FPS in recent years, worth the exploration, time and money!
4 of 8 people (50%) found this review helpful
57 products in account
1.4 hrs on record
Great game, terrible PC port. The colors are washed out, the settings are extremly limited (the maximum resolution is 1024x768, you can set the texture filtering, shadows, and that's about it), and the mouse sensitivity can only be adjusted in increments of 10, making precise control very difficult. To pour salt into the wound, the game constantly crashes. About once every 10 minutes. Get the XBOX or PS2 versions instead.