So starting with the bad, this is a console port. It's so heavily obvious.
- The textures are bland, very washed out.
- Options are limited
- Mouse sensitivity is soapy
- Not the worst optimization, but far from good
- Crashes a little less than "often"
- Really fun and addictive game
- Guns feel awesome (despite their flimsy sounds)
- Stunning and unique abilities that few games manage to pull off (to be honest it still feels
weird, but it feels like that's how it was meant to feel like)
- Purely cheesy game, in a good way
- Cutscenes are dramatic (cheesy dramatic) but still enough to engage you
- Damn good level design
- As a whole, most of the gameplay "works"
Overall, yes, I recommend this game, but that makes me almost generous. I'm so close to not recommending it (the demo doesn't even work...) but the good about this game outweights the bad by a very TINY bit. Of course if you have access to an Xbox or PS2 with composite or some modded HDMI support, that's the best way you've got going for you to play this, in fact, stay far away from this console port if you've got those options. If not, the PC version is still fair enough.
Posted: February 14th, 2014