About This Content
Settle-Carlisle Specials puts you in the cab of fabulous preserved steam locomotives as they haul trains full of rail fans along the scenic Settle-Carlisle line. Interest in steam specials has grown since before the final phasing out of British steam on the main line, when enthusiasts would flock to ride on specials – sometimes little more than a few old brake vans behind a steam loco – to enjoy a steam-hauled journey before diesel and electric took over for good. This practice continues today, as privately-owned steam locomotives are granted permission to run special services on the main line to the delight of passengers and onlookers alike.
With four preserved steam locomotives to drive, you can run rail tours along the wonderful Settle-Carlisle line whenever you wish. Settle-Carlisle Specials includes the famous A1 Tornado in British Railways Brusnwick Green, V2 Green Arrow, GWR Wootton Hall and GWR King Edward II in blue. There is also a Class 47 in maroon livery acting as a banker, typical of steam specials.
Please Note: Settle-Carlisle Specials requires the Settle-Carlisle Expansion Pack (available separately) in order to play.
- LNER A1 Tornado in British Railways Brunswick Green livery
- LNER V2 Green Arrow
- GWR King Edward II in blue livery
- GWR Wootton Hall
- Class 47 in maroon livery (banker)
5 scenarios for the Settle-Carlisle Expansion Pack (PLEASE NOTE the Settle-Carlisle Expansion Pack, available separately, is required to play these scenarios):
- Hall of Fame, with 4979 Wootton
- The Cumbrian Tornado, with Peppercorn A1 Tornado
- The Blue Ribband, with Peppercorn A1 Tornado
- King of the Hill, with King Edward II
- Coming Home, with Green Arrow and Class 47 ‘banker’
- Free roams at Appleby, Dent, Carlisle and Ribblehead