STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
As development continues on future content for Sanctus Reach, Straylight decided to write a bit about themselves and how they work, as well as their passion for strategy games and Warhammer 40,000!
We hope you'll enjoy this Developer diary.
You can read it here: http://slitherine.com/news/2183/Sanctus.Reach.a.Developer.Diary
We have good news for you today: Sanctus Reach v1.0.14 has been officially released. It contains numerous balance changes and fixes, as well as a brand new map playable in multiplayer: Borderlands, the same map used for the recent YouTubers online battle.
We hope to release more maps soon - the best maps that were submitted during our contest; we are working on some details. In the meanwhile, work continues on new content as well. Stay tuned for further news please.
V. 1.0.14 Changelog:
• Added new multiplayer map 'Borderlands'
• Issues with debris tiles fixed
• Issues with hit chance being incorrectly reported fixed
• Fixed incorrect company symbol on "the great wolf strikes"
• Fast Attack units with movement remaining may move even after using all their fire actions
• Back from the Brink level - Fixes to LoS issues
• Skirmish Turn limits - Reduced turn limits on skirmish maps
• Fix to AI targetting - AI finds targets more often
• Fix to orks attacking wrecks too much, AI should only attack wrecks if they dont have a better target
• Fix to orks attacking droppods
• Increased points costs - Massively increased points cost for Knights and Logan
• Reaction fire bug - fixed a bug where units would only react when the target finished the movement. Would cause the gorkanought to hit himself.
• AP bug fixed- if a unit following up after a melee attack couldn't move to the tile they would gain lots of now AP
• Change to Jump units and massive vehicles - Jump and Giant units no longer get locked in combat and ignore ZoC
• Fix to Jump pack units - general fixes to how jump pack units move
• Change to Ork Rokkits - Ork Rokkits are now anti-armour weapons. Higher damage and armour piercing but less splash damage
• Script reduction - Did some script reduction, and moved some mapgen-only fns into their own file to save loadtime and memory.
• LoS/Cover Fix - Fixed various bugs that were causing LoS and Cover to not work correctly
• XP / Abilities bug - Fixed a bug that causing units to occasionally not get abilities
• Melee Shock - Fixed a bug where Melee attacks weren't causing Morale reduction
• Super Heavy Melee - Increased Knight and Gorkanaut Melee damage, now fixed (was supposed to be in last patch)
• Skirmish Force Selection - Campaign Skirmishes will now attempt to pick your levelled-up units first in the Selection Pool
• Force points rebalance - Slight rebalance of force points cost
• Power Armour Increase - Slightly increased the effectiveness of Power Armour
• Reaction Display Bug - Fixed Reaction Display Tiles that were showing the wrong information
• Transports – loading/unloading now takes 1 action (a way to prevent infantry unloading, shooting and reloading as it’s an exploit, especially for MP)
• View Shading Option - Added View Shading option to the options menu. With this option, units are lit from all angles, making them stand out more
• Fixed jumpack units - Fixed a bug that prevented Jumpack units from firing when hovering above terrain fixed
• Spirit of the Wolf Ability - Fixed a bug that was causing Spirit of the Wolf to heal Vehicles
• Scorched Knight Lore "oversight" - After "Sky Hunt" The Scorched Knight will no longer appear in Skirmish battles (because he's supposed to be dead!)
“The combat is at that sweet spot of squad-level maneuvering where you get a bit of that X-COM tactical feel, but on such a scale that every battle feels like an important struggle.”
A Wargamers Needful Things
“Speaking of the armies, this is by far the most diverse unit selection I've seen to date in a 40K game.”
“What really makes Sanctus Reach’s bloody brawls satisfying, though, is the joy of watching Terminators standing up to a tank that dwarfs them, or rows of shouting Blood Claws charging at Orks, chainswords hungry, or the sheer pleasure of seeing Whirlwinds turning everything into a red mist with one volley.”
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
This update focuses on a much better force selection phase - you now get a much greater choice of units on the force selection screen. You will get far more of your upgraded units and in general much more choice. It also comes with a lot of balancing done and many improvements to the AI. And did I mention that you now have much more freedom with camera movements, and that it's now possible to destroy wrecked vehicles?
Read (and discuss) the full changelog here!
Liked the game? Why don't you get the actual miniatures then?
Visit https://www.games-workshop.com/sanctusreach for many awesome Space Wolves and Orks miniatures from Games Workshop!
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach © Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2017. Sanctus Reach, the Sanctus logo, GW, Games Workshop, Space Marine, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, 40,000, the ‘Aquila’ Double-headed Eagle logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. Published by Slitherine Ltd. Developed by Straylight Games and Slitherine Ltd. All rights reserved to their respective owners.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.