STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Players can now download the Modbox demo to try all of our featured creations and play online:
Which includes the latest Dungeon and Wild West mods/creations:
I was planning on this demo giving full access to all player creations - but unfortunately Steam Workshop doesn't allow that right now. A Steam demo can't access a full game's workshop yet, apparently. I am contacting Valve hoping there is a way we can still do that.
So for this demo we took all of the Featured creations off of the workshop and included them in the demo. All of them can be played online. As we update the game with more Featured Creations we will add them to the demo also.
Since our last update we've also updated a few things and changed a few creations:
- Added scoreboards to Battle Bubble, Dune Temple, Reactor Core, Dojo Duel
- Added Stairs in/out of Dungeon Arena, so one team can't get into another teams spawn spot
- Fixed issues with 'On Collision' modifer, and added 'No Breaking' option to physics modifier
- Added Filter By Tag options to goals
It has been a while since our last update - We have decided to switch to a biweekly update schedule (with hopefully a dev log with each update) so updates will be smaller and more frequent
The Modbox Demo will be released early next week - it'll be the full game just without editing creations. Demo players can play online and try any mod/creation
New Featured Creations:
- Wild West Mod
- Destructible Objects Mod
- Playmode Locomotion Options - Directional and Touchpad added. What locomotion the creation uses will be displayed on load creation screen.
- New Entity Category: Gamemodes. Adds a 'Team Controller' so creations can be team based gamemodes. Add different kinds of scoreboards that are shown on death and game over (and with the 'scoreboard' menu option). Scoreboards right now are Steam Leaderboards, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Custom Team scoreboard (can wire scores into it).
- When server changes creation that a player doesn't have, it no longer disconnects that player. Player stays on the server and a screen pops up to download the creation.
- Added Avatar Torso options
- New floating HUD with health bar
- 'Respawn' modifier to respawn entities
- Mesh Editing: Can now select faces, and use the Gizmo option for easier placement
New Dungeon Entities:
- Pressure Plate, Spinning Blade, Spike Plate
- Two bows
- Actions can now set text variables on entities
- Scaling the edit mode labels with the player
- Added 'time string' to timer output, to output the time display. Added no millseconds option
- Slingshot now starts in off-hand (similar to longbow)
- Replaced 'restart' function entity with 'game over'
- Can now set a doors 'locked' bool through wiring
- New sounds: sci fi door open/close, grenades
- Fixed bug with teleport ray colliding with collision entity
- A 'Play Online' option when opening creations
There is a lot of content we've been working on that we've held back for this update - so we still have a lot of new stuff to release in the next few weeks
As for long term plans - multiplayer building and getting the ModboxSDK out is now the focus
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.