This is a great game. It captures the essence of the original Insane, and I would say it improves in every way.
• Diversity in game modes.
• Good car handling.
• Enough vehicles to suit your driving style.
• "Shiny" graphics
• Good difficulty
• A genuine good, solid game
• Local split-screen.
• Some of the game modes may cause aggravation further into the game, but not unfairly. Practice makes perfect.
• Sometimes it seems like it's impossible to catch up to the lead car, but again, the more you play, the better you get.
• Even though there are a selection of cars, you may only find yourself using 4 or so different ones to be in to win.
• Multiplayer appears dead.
I think a reasonable playthrough could be done in just over 10 hours. I spent a twice that getting 100% in career and unlocking more cars, so 15hrs is possible without overstaying too much.
Highly recommended, and it's on sale atm on another site. (You can't beat this for $1)