STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends July 5
Today we’re bringing you a very long awaited piece of news: The ability to preview and test the widely-requested solution to automating combat a bit more than the manual-only approach at launch. What we are rolling out here allows the user to control whether or not to activate the “Stand Your Ground” feature. How does this work? Read on to find out!
When in Stand Your Ground mode, you can command specific privateers to automatically attack anything within the immediate area of that squad member. Selecting another crew member lets you set a different area, allowing you to cover more than one area with automated defense. This feature brings in a way for you to direct your attention elsewhere while combat is ongoing - all while interacting with other crew members - without sacrificing player interaction and control of combat. In situations where you need tighter control, you can toggle Stand Your Ground off, and take full manual control of your crew. When active, the field you defend will be placed again each time you click to move your crew or attack. Using this method, we are able to prevent crew members from pulling aggro on chains of enemy groups before the player wishes to engage with them.
We are initially introducing this feature onto the public test branch. This will allow us to gather feedback and ensure that it is working smoothly for everyone and address the issues the community has stressed/raised to us. We hope to see plenty of players opt in and engage with this beta in order to improve the game and take it in the direction you want to see.
Along with the auto-attack feature, we have made significant performance increases with the change to Unity 5 and resultant changes throughout the game, and are excited to see how those changes function outside of our testing environment. This should make a very noticeable difference to those who were seeing crashes due to being out of memory, as well as slow-downs, lag, or stuttering due to low frame rate. The team is anxious to hear from those who were seeing these issues, and hope you will let us know if this resolves those problems for you.
Once these features are tested with the community, we will be making any necessary changes and then rolling them out to the main branch. We will be reading feedback as it comes in, so please be sure to let us know your thoughts. We couldn’t have made Privateers the game it is today without our community, thanks for being part of our journey!
To opt into the public beta:
-Go to Pixel Privateers in your Steam library, and right click on the title.
-Click on Properties
-Select the Gamma Testing/Public Test branch
-The game will update to the public test build
-Start game and enjoy!
Please note: Saves that are used while in the test build may not be compatible with the main branch any longer. Be sure to back up any saves you use for public test, or use new ones! You can access your saves from the options menu, by clicking “Open Save Folder.”
Additionally we would like to note that there is a known issue/glitch with the character screen after confirming your stat points. This will be resolved as soon as possible through a patch to the test branch.
Here are the patch notes for the public test branch update today:
- New Defend Area feature which will toggle crew member to auto attack enemies inside a specific area. You can resize the area by holding left-mouse button on the shield icon on the area and dragging mouse right and left. You can have multiple areas active at the same time. Move commands are prioritized over auto attack.
- New consumable Cosmetic CRISPR allows you to permanently change the appearance of a crew member. These can be bought from market stations.
- Engine upgrade to Unity 5.6 from Unity 4.6.
- Rebuilt UI for Unity 5.
- Better texture handling decreasing overall memory consumption.
- Numerous miscellaneous optimizations to code decreasing memory consumption and improving performance.
- Space backgrounds rebuilt (improved performance on non-combat scenes).
- Multiplayer code optimization: better handling of packets.
- Creation and destruction of synced objects batched in network code.
- Pathfinding moved to a separate thread decreasing its impact on performance.
- Better handling of extreme packet loss in multiplayer.
- Fixed various buggy status effects (bad serialization).
- Fixed threat system failing sometimes when leaving combat.
- Fixed health sync in multiplayer.
- Fixed quick use icons being offset in relative UI scaling.
- Vanity wings now also animate for jetpack engineers.
- Fixed cases where the game tried to sync parentless status effects.
- Imperium bomb dismantler no longer tries to dismantle other kinds of traps than mines (for example toxic glue).
- Fixed multiplayer sync issues with dismantle ability.
- Fixed issue with multiplayer color picker not working when UI scaling is set to relative.
- Fixed bugs which allowed you to exploit vanity inventory for infinite inventory space.
- Fixed multiplayer desync issue related to rescue prisoners mission.
- Fixed request mission failing when using it at the edge of the galaxy map.
- Fixed bugs with using distress signals in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug with events which close doors of the room getting stuck in closed mode in multiplayer when only one player's characters all died in the trap room.
- Fixed player "ready to teleport" states being out of sync in multiplayer sometimes.
- Healing chains no longer target pets (for example Trajectory Adjusting Prisms tech).
- Fixed elevator shadow bugging out on short distance movements.
- Fixed tractor beam effect sometimes getting stuck for clients in multiplayer games.
- Fixed bug which prevented vanguards charging through doors if they were too close to the door.
- Fixed selection box being the wrong size if UI wasn’t set to pixel perfect mode.
- Fixed characters using grenades not being able to shoot sometimes.
- Fixed a bug where you could access black market even though the market station didn't have one.
- Fixed a bug where you could aggro president earlier than intended.
- Friendly tumors will now teleport to owner if left behind.
- After assigning stat points to a character multiple windows will appear simultaneously on the same screen.
- Cosmetic CRISPR UI color picker is offset in some cases and the UI shows crew gear which isn’t intended.
- Door buttons near stairs are sometimes out of sync.
Today we bring you the first of our content patches, which introduces, vanity gear, pets, and more. We’ve added more than 150 new vanity items for you to find and enjoy! Additionally, players in NG+ will now have the chance to find exclusive vanity gear and pets, to reward adventurous privateers for their hard work. From the community’s wish list, the patch also includes auto-disintegrate and UI scaling features, as well as the ability to sell multiple items on the markets.
To keep the community in the loop, we’ve prototyped a potential solution for the much-wanted auto-attack feature, and will continue to work with that until we’re satisfied that it works and plays well in the game. We don’t have a current ETA for which patch that will come out with, but it is very much on the radar for the team, and is in progress. We are also working on porting the game to Unity 5, which will dramatically improve memory and performance issues in the game. Keep the feedback coming; we’re listening!
Here are the notes for today’s patch:
Changes and New Features:
* 150+ vanity items added (hats, suits, and specials) which now have a chance to drop from hat-o-mats,events, champions, and bosses.
* Pets! You can now have an adorable companion to follow you on your adventures!
* NG+ Exclusive vanity items and pets, to reward those who dare venture there!
* New vanity inventory which has infinite tabs. It can be accessed via vanity inventory button near the character paperdoll in crew screen. This same inventory is also found in replicator screen.
* Vanity items have pink icons on their item tags and inventory icons to more distinguish them from rest of your gear.
* New blueprints tab in replicator. Same blueprints are available for every crew you play. Each blueprint is unlocked when you find a new vanity item for the first time (if it's replicable).
* 5 new random events.
* Option to automatically disintegrate items on pickup (with quality threshold setting).
* New option to use relative UI scaling (available in options menu) which should help with small combat UI on high resolution monitors.
* You can now select multiple items to buy and sell in the market screen.
* You can now buy and sell vanity items in market stations.
* Added new "all" category for markets.
* Buying items in the market no longer resets the view to the beginning of the list.
* Credits rewards from cyborg terminal quests and Saving Lukas event reduced. Rewards are now consistent with other quest and mission rewards.
* Warning message for cloning is now more clear on how codex points and unallocated training points transfer.
* Pan-Temporal Skipgets now have 2s cooldown instead of no cooldown at all.
* Low fuel warning now states, on hardcore mode, that it's not certain anyone (Kent) will come help you.
* Fixed ranged weapon stats being offset due to ttx-coating text formatting.
* Fixed a bug when dragging on a crew member's gear while in hire comparison view resulting in items getting stuck on screen.
* Fixed stamina giving half of the hp it should.
* Fixed Entropy fight causing lag spikes for client in multiplayer games.
* Fixed events rewarding unusable lvl 100+ items on level 100.
* Fixed markets not having lvl 100 items.
* Fixed security bots attacking your own crew members in ship view mode.
* Fixed cleaning bots triggering your own mines in ship view mode.
* Fixed an issue that interfered with players using JoyToKey, and caused the cursor to keep centering itself.
* When resurrecting a dead crew member in the cloning lab, unallocated stat points no longer reduced from allocated stats.
* When cloning a crew member, codex points (even if used) no longer reduced from allocated stats.
* Refunded stat points (via techs) when cloning can no longer exceed the stat points actually refunded from the stats (on low level characters).
* Matter and fuel no longer capped to 100k when the resources were consumed.
* Events will now grant rewards which are of the same level as the crew even on distant planets (from the start location of the game).
* Training targets no longer spawn on ship invasion events to prevent invasion events getting stuck when training module is installed to a ship.
* Resistance bonuses from tool items (such as Assault Frame) now also work correctly.
* Start Game button on landing party selection screen is now Start Mission button as intended.
* Combat recovery field and Novel conceptual frameworks tech typos fixed.
* Markets containing black markets now say so in their tooltips.
* T1 market tooltips now also say that hiring crew is available.
* Heal texts generated by Happy Pills are now also hidden when Show heal texts option is turned off.
* Fixed transport ranges being calculated incorrectly sometimes resulting in the inability to build ship modules using the ship builder (missing cogwheels).
* Fixed overload shot descriptions having different damage bonus values and reference to splash damage even if Plasmic Paroxysm wasn't researched.
* Fixed neutrino radar detector tech generating planets with lower than expected levels when revealing the layout of the planet on galaxy map screen.
* Fixed death dissolve effect bug which caused permanent issues in multiplayer when the system tried to start the effect continuously.
* Fixed a bug with mouse hover code resulting in inability to target dead crew members with bio-hacking tech.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.