STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Order of Battle has reached the frozen lands of Finland!
Winter War, the latest DLC for the highly praised Order of Battle: World War II, is now OUT for PC and Mac!
Never before have the Winter War and the Continuation War been recreated in such detail. Developer studio The Artistocrats brings these under represented conflicts to your screens.
With a radically different terrain and tactics, gameplay has been greatly altered. Employ ski troops to outmaneuver the enemy on snowy fields! Cross frozen lakes to catch the enemy unaware! Launch ambushes in deep forests! Use mud and frost to slow down the enemy advance then lure them into huge pockets, cutting them off from supply routes, then eliminate them and capture their vehicles!
Take command of the Finnish army and resist the red tide as the Soviet Union assaults you in the Winter War, then take the initiative and launch an offensive to regain lost ground in the Continuation War.
A new campaign with 13 new scenarios, 90 new units, a whole new environment: Winter War revolutionizes the Order of Battle formula. Will you be up to the task?
And if you’re interested in Winter War, don’t miss tonight’s Twitch live stream on our official twitch channel at CEST 8 PM / UTC 6 PM / EDT 2 PM.
Remember: you can try the first scenario for free by installing Order of Battle: World War II and launching the Winter War campaign! Give it a try, it's free!
With Winter War coming out tomorrow the developers are really busy preparing the ground for it!
We are releasing a new patch for Order of Battle, including so many additions, balance changes and gameplay fixes. We hope you’ll enjoy it!
Important note: with this patch you’ll be able to play the first mission of the new DLC, Winter War. The DLC will be available starting from tomorrow, July 21st.
Here’s the full changelog:
• Major rebalancing of all ground units, mostly focused on tank vs tank performance in anticipation for European tank clashes.
• Artillery now deals less damage against low-strength targets, making them less effective at "sniping kills" from long range.
• Paratroopers have "supply stash" which delays the out-of-supply effects for a number of turns.
• Paratroopers have "Quick Entrench" trait, allowing to to dig in faster than normal units.
• Units with "Light Freight" trait can disembark from a train on open hexes.
• Units with "Heavy Treaded" trait suffer double terrain disruption penalties from moving through difficult terrain.
• 2 new maps added: Winter War based "Arctic Fox" and Morning Sun based "Double Dragons" cooperative map, playable as the Chinese.
• Some black screen on start-up issues fixed.
• Campaign end screen fixed (no longer displays nonexistent scenario location).
• Disband button and tooltip display fixed when it is unavailable.
• Switch from Strategic Map fixed when using 2D tactical map display.
• Bonus Zundapp Motorcycle unit for owners of Heroes of Normandie game fixed.
• Dozens of new Soviet, German and Finnish units available.
• Objectives can be changed (added and/or removed) in the middle of a scenario.
• Popup dialog can be called to offer the player unique tactical, strategic or political choices during a scenario.
• 'AI Team Split" trigger effect can move units from one team to another split based on their strength. This can - for example - be used to split damaged AI units to a different team and retreat them to the rear.
“Fast, approachable, and challenging, it is everything I want in a wargame.”
9/10 – PCGamesN
“Overall, this is the Pacific Theater of Operations Panzer General many gamers have been waiting for”
88% – Armchair General
“Order of Battle: Pacific is the best strategy title of the year so far”
8.5/10 – Softpedia
Winter War, the new DLC for Order of Battle: World War II, is OUT!
This new expansion for Order of Battle: WW2 includes the Winter War (1939-1940), the Continuation War (1941-1944) and the Lapland War (1944-1945). Players take control of the Finnish Army and, according to the shifting tides of war, allied troops from Germany or the Soviet Union.
© 2015 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Order of Battle: World War II, Slitherine Ltd. and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Developed by The Artistocrats & Slitherine Ltd.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.