So I rarely do serious reviews, but I do love this game enough to want a good review to be seen.
First things first; this game is NOT pay to win, in ANY way.
Everything in the game, yes, EVERYTHING, can be purchased with gold. If somoene buys an item with real money, they can sell it for in game gold, and people frequently do. This is one of the best systems of any free to play ive ever seen. If you dont feel like spending 5$ to get a "real money" item, just wait til someone else buys it and sells it. You can just get enough in game gold to buy it off them when you want!
I could continue, going on and on about the game in paragraph form, but ill simply list the Pros and Cons.
- Fantastic Music
- Responsive/noncomplicated UI
- Veried Environments and Enemies
- Varied Missions and mission rewards
- Tons of weapons, hats, shirts, pants, shoes, etc; all with unique stats
- Gear Upgrading system. (Find a reall nice piece of gear? Upgrade it and make it better!)
- Lack of Pay-to-Win Elements
- Devs are active! They do announcements in game, as well as work on updates, and help players who are having issues.
- Fantastic community. If youre a new player, 99% of the community will answer any question you have and try to help you along the way!
- Occasional bugs, but nothing major
- Bag size is relatively small to start with (this can be expanded at any time)
- Some Quests have you running across large portions of the map, and you move slowly at first (better gear can fix this "problem")
- Game is still in Beta. (This will obviously change, leading up to the full release)
Honestly I only made this review because the current top rated reviews for the game are completely inaccurate. Most of the people who reviewed the game and then said "PAY TO WIN DONT PLAY IT LOL" are completely wrong. They invested just enough time to get to about level 15 (not even to the first major choice you make in the game, which branch of your class you want to advance into) and then declared the game unbalanced.
Not only is this completely false (as i said above, someone can, and people constantly do, buy "real money" currency and sell it on the in game market for gold. You get gold, you buy the real money currency, and you dont have to ever spend a cent on the game) But it gives the game a bad name and bad light.
I played for about 2 hours and then quit originally, but came back a month or two later and havnt quit playing since. Once i got past the newbie level stuff, I really began to enjoy the game a lot more.
I also think its important to mention this is my first MMO. I literally only play Shooters besides this game, and I usually hate games like this. It takes something special to make a hardcore CSGO fan enjoy a top down-esque MMO game.