It's almost time for the coolest holiday of the year - the Snow Festival! In a few days a new island will appear flying over Aura, and heroes seeking chilling (in a good way) adventure can visit the land where you battle with snowballs, open presents under the Christmas tree, saddle Snow Crocks, and summon the almighty Winter Guardians. Cooks from all over Aura will offer you a taste of their best creations, and Maiden Lola will exchange Christmas Ornaments for Gift Boxes.
Learn more about the Snow Festival on official forums:
Patch 0.9.124: “Mark of the Hunter”
On December 18th servers will be updated with Patch 0.9.124: "Mark of the Hunter". What's new in this update? Let's dive in:
King's Herald announces:
Royal archaeologists and researchers have found 8 new areas in different parts of Aura. These areas contain unspeakable number of traps and creatures, daring all heroes to conquer ominous halls, dark crypts and deadly caves, in order to further advance among the ranks of the Royal Army. Entrances for new areas appear randomly in locations of the same power as the hero, and disappear when you enter them, just to reappear in a new place. As this is considered a personal training test, you cannot bring help inside - you have to succeed relying only on yourself."
When 0.9.0124 goes live, you will be able to immediately try new challenges:
• Underground Lake (recommended level - 20);
• Werewolf Lair (recommended level - 25);
• Elenium Shards (recommended level - 30);
• The Temple of Mara (recommended level - 35);
• Bone Crypt (recommended level - 40);
• Old Puppet Factory (recommended level - 45);
• Three Corridors (recommended level - 50);
• Poisonous Crypt (recommended level - 55).
3 new pets were added to the game:
• [Fire Gobbler] - domesticated mascot of the Snow Festival, never steals your Christmas Ornaments again!
• [Meta Lizard] - unique pet trained to guard their owners belongings, fit for any environment, thanks to fire and strike-proof skin.
• [Mushroom Eater] - mutated Mosseaters, their leafy skin is darker, beak is harder, behavior nicer (though unpredictable) than that of Mosseaters.
Free talent reset
As 0.9.124 also changes a lot of skills and updates the general balance of classes, all heroes can once again complete the quest from Master Bastiff in Varlone to reset their talents.
• Premium Accounts will now receive +50% to gold drops for players of level 60.
• You won't be able to use "Leap" and "Teleportation" to go past location portals and attack other players anymore.
• Resurrection using Reales now grants 5 seconds of invulnerability. Attacking or using skills will cancel the effect.
• Fixed an issue where players couldn't cast AoE spells if there was gold on the ground in that area.
• If players have chat filter for inappropriate language enabled, it will now also work on the names of trade spots.
• Fixed an issue with splitting items. Now you can't change tabs while the splitting process is ongoing, players must pick up Elum first.
• Fixed an issue where simultaneous gathering of resources and using of skills would force both progress bars to disappear.
• Fixed an issue where Guard Form would disappear if players were resting.
• Fixed an issue where tooltips for buffs and effects could blink continuously if highlighted by mouse cursor.
• Added notifications when players are added/removed from the ignore list.
• Fixed an issue where second opening of the card album would send a message in the chat about new items.
• Now players will see damage numbers from attacks by Roland or tamed creatures, both in the game and in the battle log.
• Opening a second quick buy window for Arconite Sealing Wax, Arcon’s Heart, Reaction Stabilizer and similar items now requires currently opened window to be closed before opening another.
• Fixed an error in "The Navigator Gyroscope Compass", starting location was added.
• Fixed errors in the description for "Wizarding Components" and "Neobulla Spheres".
• [Blood Card: Lightning Bolt] now will be triggered by positive control effects also (for example, "Perfect Protection").
• Fixed an issue where [Blood Card: Lightning Bolt] could be triggered by "Rest".
• Fixed an issue where [Blood Card: Radiance] could be triggered by Guard Form and Wolf Form.
• Now the amount of quest items [Goblin’s Brains] and [Pearl] will be displayed correctly.
• Now [Dream Stealer’s Signet] will apply character bonus when it is equipped while resting.
• Fixed spawn points on the map for "Termite Egg".
• Now the names of quest items in Abandoned Mines, Floor 2 won't appear for players without the quest.
Arena and Battlegrounds
• Entering Arena now removes all invisibility effects players might have prior to entering.
• Fixed an issue with health and energy recovery after Arena. Now, if player dies during battle, he/she will be resurrected with the same amount of health and energy prior to entering.
• Entering battle with the "Weakness" effect now removes it for the duration of that battle, and applies it back afterwards.
• Fixed an issue with dynamic unpassable zones in Battlegrounds.
• "Besieger" was removed. Now players won't have to deal with the effect that forbids bidding 2 or more times, as well as participating in other sieges.
• Now everybody has a personal resurrection timer. If players in a group have different timers, then after that group dies all players in it will have the highest timer of that group.
• New formula has been added for calculating miss chance while attacking or using skills: miss chance (%) is now Dodge [of target] minus Hit [of attacker].
• "Dodge" and "Hit" characteristics now won't be increased with character level, but instead will be increased based on character stats, items and talents. Base values for every character are 0 Hit and 5 Dodge.
• Rogues, Thieves and Assassins will now receive +4 to Dodge for every 10 points of Dexterity. All other classes will now receive +2 to Dodge for every 10 points of Dexterity.
• All classes will now receive +2 to Hit for every 10 points of Luck.
• Now in PvP level difference will not affect Dodge Chance.
• While fighting monsters level difference will now add additional Dodge Chance to monsters.
• If you miss, now there is a 15% chance to hit for half of the damage.
• All player control effects that forbid movement and skill usage will now also reduce Dodge Chance to 0.
• Now dealing damage or healing has a maximum value of 110% and minimum of 90%.
...and there is much more! Too see the complete list of changes (over 8 pages!), please visit our forums here