Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook is a Visual Novel with an more or less properly integrated farming minigame (that actually does no/barely impact to the game... sadly)
To begin: IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE! You should buy it on sale or in bundle or on other sites, 15€ is simply too much, the game itself is a solid novel.
You play Steve, college Boy who looks after cute girls - thats how his girlfriend Jill gets pissed off from him and brakes up. To all unfairness his Father sends him to his uncle to work as a Farmer for him as Steve lacks character and needs to be taught the hard way.
There he meets the 2 girls Clara and Susana as well as the women Marian. He can get a love relationship with them, or phone his ex Jill and try to reunite with her.
Each run takes about 45-60 minutes to complete if you rush (and with skip function after 1st run) the first one took ~80 minutes.
Every day you start with the farming game, then you can choose what you want to do, either farm more (as said it does no impact to the game ... : ( ), go walking with Clara, visit the Flowershop to buy seeds and visit Susana, visit the Library to read books and visit Marian, phoning Jill or sleeping to cure fatigue.
- Story, although not the best, you actually can enjoy and get to like the story once you played a bit of it.
- Farm minigame (although kinda tirering after a while)
- Many choices
- Characters have a nice personality
- Trading cards
Con: (somehow steam doesnt accept the formation in the end... -.-)
- Price... 15€ is definetly over the top, this might be worth 5€, maximum of 7€, so buy only on sale or on bundle sites
- More or less unpolished characterdesign, still not as bad as in the Heileen series. (Susana actually looks buitiful)
- Repeatable dialogues when you visit the girls without having an event triggered
- Farming minigame has no impact to the plot, not even an achievement, you more or less can skip it all day [only impact it has: you get special ending if you have ~500$.. that is earned in the 1st 2 weeks alone, after u can skip it all day)
- Often scenes without sound at all
- Not 100% appropiate for small children (might be okay for 14+? All how the parents may see it themselves) as the Marian route has a wet shirt szene where you can see her bra. Overprotective adults should therefore not let their smaller kids play that route ^^. This is stated as con only for parents buying this for their smaller children. It is not that of an "extreme" scene.
Hard for me to rate and not to misrate it...
either 6/10 or 7/10 so ill stick with 6.5/10 for now
I enjoyed it, but i would never pay 15 € for it, bought it in a bundle or on sale, i dont remember anymore its been a while hanging untouched in my steamlogg.