“Labyrinthine Dreams is a quality game. Short but sweet, it won’t take up too much of your day, and it’s nice to see developers try something different. This is definitely one to try for anyone who enjoys a good maze, or prefers a more human-experience sort of story.”
“The puzzle design throughout Labyrinthine Dreams is consistently challenging…and enough variation for it to not become old.”
“Definitely a game worth getting your hands on…. concise and enjoyable.”
About This Game
is a short puzzle game about Beth, a young woman who is standing at Death’s Door. After a traumatic childhood and a tough entry into the world of adulthood, she was just starting to take control of her life. However, she is now up against an insidious enemy who threatens to take everything away from her. During what may be her final hours, Beth wanders through important moments in her life while also staying a few steps ahead of the monster who won’t rest until she is no more.
Mazes in dreams are said to symbolize the dreamer’s feeling of “being trapped.” As Beth tries to find meaning and strength in her life, players must guide her through a variety of mazes, each with its own twist. The most challenging sections are reserved for confrontations with the monster, who must be outmaneuvered and outwitted to proceed.
- A unique and emotionally powerful story with vivid characters and potent real-world themes.
- A variety of mazes which challenge players while complementing the narrative.
- Gorgeous artwork that brings the surreal world of Beth’s unconscious to life.
- A captivating original score from Joel Steudler.
- Voice acting that drives home the story’s emotion.