It's not bad if you're playing to reach Day 10, after that it just becomes an (easy) grind-fest. I made it to day 27 (12th place on the leaderboards for kicks) before I gave up. Once you get a powerful enough weapon, you can just stand there and hold the mouse button while using your other hand to feed your mouth with chips.
I can see this game getting a lot better, but:
Nays (as of now):
- I found very little use for most of the weapons, there's a lot, but you'll probably never use them.
- Items that give you temporary stat bonuses don't last long enough/aren't very interesting, I couldn't justify picking them up.
- Block placement is fun, but I never seemed to be able to collect enough resources to build more than 8 blocks at a time.
- Music starts to get annoying, it's not a bad track, I just wish there was more than NUNUNUNUneeeNUNUeeeeeNUNU...
- You can't be bothered to look at the UI early on, it's very small and should be more noticeable.
- The cursor/crosshair is also difficult to spot, I never know where it is after blinking.
- The A.I works very well, I can see there is some AGGRO involved.
- Bullets don't simply go straight, there's some realism.
- Hit testing is spot on for walls/structures.
- Various mobs, the game is not limited to zombies.
- I don't regret paying $4 for this.
Basically, this is Bird's Eye Serious Sam, but the weapons will eventually need some major balancing.
- Map Maker, especially for a tile-based game like this.
- More items: fences, mines, det-bombs, bla bla.
- Bosses, bosses that don't like it when I spend that past 3 hours camping in my 7x7 structure.
- Leveling and more stats... Make this game better than Diablo 3!