We have launched the second Major Update to our Early Access build!
We’re getting close to launch and have been able to implement many of our community requests in this build! Watch our trailer that shows everything that's new since we launched on Steam Early Access!
Features in this latest Early Access version:
- Several level overworks and community feedback integration - As per community request the abilities of the player to fight in close-combat situations has been improved so the entire combat feels more polished and smooth.
- More sidequests in several levels.
- Level: Taro A - A city frozen in time by a powerful spell, haunted by lots of ghosts and interesting puzzle situations to solve.
- Level: Taro B - Players encounter the most powerful female mage in the game “Orare”.
- Level: Future Edge - The level is set during a big invasion of the human hometown, which players desperately try to defend. At that point, players already have all the powers (wind, fire and essence) and are as powerful as they can be!
- New Customization Option: Vanity Items (connected to collectibles) - Players can now receive decorational items that do not influence gameplay, such as bracelets, pouches, shoulder gear and the like.
- Proving Grounds Update - Collectibles now unlock the ability to spawn enemies in the proving grounds!
- emotiv EPOC support available
Plus, everything from the prior versions:
- Early Access Major Update #1 – Features & Additions
- 3 New Levels - explore the Essence Temple and achieve essence power
- New Boss Fight - beat the boss to be the boss! Or you can just bring him a coffee.
- Linux support - we’re looking forward to feedback on this newly supported OS!
- 3 New male and female player characters - play as a Son or now a Daughter of Nor
- New Gameplay Mode - "proving grounds" where you can test your combat abilities in a playground of destructive delights.
- Shiny New Main Menu - brand new and much improved thanks to your suggestions!
- A New Spell Element - Essence magic is all about life and death
- Early Access Exclusive Mode: "Featured Level" on the main menu. Right in the beginning you can just click on the "Featured Level Play" button and it will bring you directly into the featured map (which will be a level more towards the end of the game), giving you all powers required, so you can test it right away.
- Supports tobii EyeX eye tracker: Control your powers intuitively by using your eyes
For this version of the game, we are especially interested in feedback on the puzzles and combat mechanics. You can leave feedback on the discussion board or just by pressing F4 during the game. This also provides us (anonymous) game state data that makes it easier for us to address comments quickly (e.g. find and reproduce reported bugs).
Here's the full changelog:
Version 0.6.11:8279 - 2014-11-12
- A monolog is now displayed in multiplayer when not every player is lifting the door (e.g. Level-01)
- Added controller support for the menus
- enabled new level end screen
- When the player enters Taro (Level_08) smooth white fades are now applied
- fix: In the sliding ring puzzle in level 3 and 4 you cannot go through the walls of the rings anymore.
- Changed Community work side quest to play instructionl cutscene on click
- Archive button in fire temple can now be triggered via Tele blast
- If the player kills an allied NPC an info line will now be displayed to inform the player of his misdemeanor
- New Anvil rig implemented
- improved main menu scene
- enabled vanity items in character customization
- splitscreen now splits horizontally for 4:3 and 5:4, and vertically for wide screens
- Dead players get revived now at the beginning of a cutscene
- made community work rocks lighter and added a heavy object behavior (they are still heavy ;))
- removed invisible collider in radir
- small fixes in the menu
- Multiplayer puzzle in level 08 (Fiery Ambitions) can now also be completed if a player leaves the session.
- Player 2 profile slot will be deactivated until a player 1 profile has been selected.
- Controller selection will be saved per player slot.
- fixed bug with enemies not getting damage when TK object was really close to them at the time of throwing
- Corpses becoming pickable is now in sync with the petrify-effect.
- when not in splitscreen every available controller can be used to play the game now
- Fixed bug that restarted Level_02a when the player died. Behaviour regarding getting killed by Shorak stays the same.
- added Orare Model
- Sidequest Community Work: the NPC now helps collecting stones in multiplayer too.
- rotation motion is now also applied during cutscenes
- added fallback mechanism for level completion trigger when you reached it in an unexpected way
- fixed quit button bug
- bug fix with light barrier in yant shaza
- fixed occlusion culling bug in mesa level with sand terrain
- made the bared temple doors better visible
- Added EPOC Tutorial teachers in Level_00
- Placed EPOC tutorial teacher in Level_02b-1
- ESC now will ALWAYS open up the menu, regardless of which control device you've chosen
- EPOC difficulty is now visible/invisible depending on the Game setting "Enable EPOC device"
- new skinning and rigging for Son of the Night
- new skinning and rigging for Silent Shadow
- new skinning and rigging for Desert Flower
- The scarab queen has now an animation when shes on her back
- Main characters now have an aggressive idle animation
- fixed bug in lobby chatfield that was not disappearing after the correct time
- fixed multiplayer sync issue with terraformer
- NPC reacts now to Player throwing some objects around in Level_01 Radir
- Melee scouts now shoot small arrows when they cannot reach the players position.
- fixed big terrain sync bug on explosions
- fixed small issues in menu
- made level selection arrows in menu easier to see (less transparent)
- killing someone by burring him is now also counted as normal kill (for stats etc.)
- reduced damage of falling stones
- character collider is no longer bigger than the actual mesh
- the archmage has been replaced with the correct model
- updated to Tobii EyeX Version 1.0
- NPCs now try to flee when terraforming happens nearby
- made the sliding puzzle a bit easier
- Spell Enhancement of the scroll in the burning scroll quest is now prevented
- Player checkpoints are now only activated if the triggering player stays alive for a minimum amount of time after entering the trigger.
- NPCs in The Edge now get annoyed when you mess with them
- Son of the Night and Silent Shadow models have been updated
- added additional ground check to make sure revive points are safe
- fixed a bug where revive did not work after a cutscene