1. $2.00, this is a bargain for what you get.
2. If you like retro, you will like this, it stays true to the classics of old.
3. Interesting story: you play as a ruthless, evil ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. It has some funny moments but also some engagingly bleak ones, do not expect to be a good guy for one second.
4. A final boss the way a final boss should be... beware.
1. Combat can sometimes feel repetitive, you may also feel like the only real challenge comes from bosses unless you are reckless.
2. Game sometimes feels 'barebones' in respect to itemisation and some areas are repeated with different textures.
I recommend playing on hard from the start, I never tried normal but hard seemed just right.
Buy this game. It was a blast, it gave me a solid 7 hours of entertainment, and will probably give you more if you want to collect all the achievements.