Grimm is an episodic game that takes you through versions of different Fairy Tales. In this game, you play as Grimm, a gross little imp-like man who wants to turn all Fairy Tales back to their gruesome originals. To do this, you simply walk through each scene, dirtying up everything around you. Your main weapon is "butt-stomping", which dirties up larger areas than simply walking. There are also special power ups such as "Flaming Pee" and "Sausage Stomp", just to name two. Long Review
- There are over 20 different episodes in the game. Each one depicts a different Fairy Tale. Most you'll recognise, but there are a few obscure ones that you may or may not have heard of. Each episode starts off by showing the "light" version of the Fairy Tale, where Grimm points out all of its flaws. After you've finished dirtying up everything, the "dark" version plays. Graphics
- The graphics are cartoony and several assets (random people, princesses, and such) are reused from one story to another. The best part about the graphics are how they change from "cutesy" to "grimm". Music/Sounds
- The sound fx are pretty good in this game and the music (especially the music that plays when the game is on pause) is very catchy. I've actually caught myself humming it when out doing shopping. Length
- Each episode lasts over an hour, if you watch both the light and dark cinematics. They can be skipped by pressing the SPACE button however. If you skip them, and play quickly through the episode, then each one will last roughly 30-40 minutes. Replayability
- There are lots of "secrets" (coins) which can be found in each episode as well as the potiential to earn gold stars for turning everything in each scene dark, so there is a bit of replayability in this game if you don't manage to do everything the first time through.
Overall, if you're the type of person who enjoys immature humour (fart jokes) and cartoony depictions of violence, and you like games which don't really take themselves very seriously, you would probably enjoy this game. It does have a few problems with camera angles which are quite annoying in places, so you may want to wait until the game goes on sale to get it.