STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Includes four copies of the game - send the extra copies to your friends
We hope you are enjoying the recent updates to World of Diving. There were a lot of changes in the last update, and while we do our best to test all of these changes, some problems might still arise after a new build is live. This update is primarily focused on improving stability and fixing bugs.
We really appreciate all of the feedback we get from you guys. This feedback helped us a lot in identifying some of the problematic parts of the game (ex. not being able to interact with objects with your right hand while you have the tablet equipped in your left while using a Vive).
New Feature: You can now print a 3D model of your in-game character and have it shipped to your front door through our partnership with Eucl3D. These models are available in three sizes and can be ordered directly from the customization screens in the game.
The complete list of changes:
- Ray now looks at you when you are close to him
- You can now interact with objects with your right hand while the tablet is equipped in your left on the Vive
- You now run faster on land
- Air no longer depletes while the tablet is opened (except for the photo camera view)
- Improved performance so all areas are now rendering at 90 FPS on VR on an Oculus minimum spec PC
- Created a new quality level 'VR minimum spec' which is configured so you get 90FPS on VR on an Oculus minimum spec PC
- Texts like the 'Leaving the area' message are now displayed in world space instead of being stuck to your head in VR
- The player nameplates are now displayed in world space instead of at a depth that was right in front of you in VR
- The inflator is now more to the side in VR
- There is now a fade to black after loading
- You can now also skip the splash screens with the Xbox controller B button
- The Vive now has its own control scheme image
- You now see other player's tablets on photographs you made
- Going one level up in the Oceanopedia now selects the item you previously had selected
- Pressing back or escape in the 'view picture' mode now takes you to 'take picture' mode
- Increased the size of the Xbox controller back icon
- Some sequential settings now cycle
- Fixed linking to divegame.net
- Fixed a memory leak while the Oceanopedia was open
- Fixed a bug where opening the tablet for the first time displayed a message about keeping the current settings
- Fixed a bug where typing 'w' or 's' in the account link screen caused another text box to be focused
- Fixed a bug where the mission bubble showed the interaction help when you couldn't start the mission
- Fixed a bug where a photo would be taken while clicking a tool in the tool selection while the photo camera was equipped
- Fixed a bug where some message boxes could not be closed with the escape button
- Fixed a bug where the first button of message boxes would not always be focused
- Fixed a bug where the captured photo displayed in the game was too bright
- Fixed a bug where you could not use fast swim when the fast swim setting was configured as 'toggle' and you were playing with a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where a part of the tablet interface was visible in the loading screen
- Fixed a bug where the loading screen did not take account the roll of the player, causing the loading screen to visually rotate slightly
- Fixed a bug where the loading screen position lagged behind the camera position
- Fixed a bug where the disclaimer was displayed in the main menu when coming back from a level
- Fixed a bug where the new under water color extraction effect showed a seam at the horizon when the flash light was on
- Fixed the low pass audio filter when going under water
- 3D printed models of your characters are available for order in game
The new WoD version is live. There have been a lot of changes (and a lot of time..) since the previous version.
We have made some really big improvements performance wise. All levels are now running at a solid 90fps on an Oculus mininum spec PC in VR mode.
For this, almost all art has seen a complete overhaul which you will be able to see once we put the new build live today.
Additionally, the following major changes can be found in this update:
- A complete re-do of fish rendering
- Fish AI improvements
- Tablet for most interface interaction
- Story-mode which guides you through the game
- HTC Vive & Oculus CV1 support
- New fish density setting
You can find more information about the changes in the devblog below.
Let us know what you think!
“World of Diving with Oculus Rift is a real treasure”
“Such wonderful things surround you”
“This is the fun of virtual reality; the act of exploring a new environment was quietly joyful”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.