STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Thank you for all the love and support you've given us since we released the "Director's Cut" super-patch! Also, thanks for the patience - we know there are still bugs to be fixed, and we are working on it. We've seen your reports in our bug report system, as well as on the forums, reddit and even Twitter. Thank you for helping in making this game better! :)
Today we are addressing most of the things you've reported, but there's still work left to do.
Especially, I'd like to talk about two things.
1) If you are on Mac or Linux and have been having problems launching the game, we figured out why - it's actually a Steam patch problem related to us renaming the executable. That's why we were having it work for some people but not work for others.
**TO FIX THIS ISSUE**
- Go to your Library, and right-click "Chroma Squad";
- Select "Properties";
- Select the "Local Files" tab;
- Select the option "Browse Local Files";
- Now, on the game folder, right click "chromasquad";
- Select the "Get Info" option;
- Open the folder Contents\MacOS;
- Rename the file "mac2" to "chromasquad";
Please let us know if this solves the issue for you.
2) If you are experiencing a freeze on the final boss (please avoid spoilers and don't mention the name of the boss on the comments), we have fixed an issue on that fight, but we have failed to reproduce some of the cases that you have reported - we've played this fight over 20 times and it seems perfectly stable on our machines now.
Please let us know if the freeze still occurs for you. If it does, send us a report with your email through the in-game system. We might ask you for your save game file to try and catch this elusive issue.
That's it for today :)
Fixed an issue where multiple pop-ups would stack on top of each other;
Fixed an issue where changing resolution in-game would freeze the game;
Fixed an issue where NG++ Bosses had more health and damage than intended;
Fixed an issue with Cloud Saving on MacOS;
Fixed an issue with camera movement not working properly with the mouse;
Fixed an issue where the game would rarely crash when launching the last episode of Season 5;
Fixed an issue where some gamepad labels would show up when playing with the mouse;
Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would disappear if you used a touch-screen-enabled PC;
Fixed an issue where some Achievements were not working on Steam;
Fixed an issue where the Chromatize button label would disappear after failing an episode;
Fixed an issue where the final boss would freeze on its second transformation;
Fixed an issue where trying to Resume a paused Mecha Fight would result in the game freezing;
Fixed an issue where the Options menu would not close on the Studio screen;
Fixed the "Save My Telly" and "Episodes Hero" achievements;
Fixed an issue where the game would rarely crash on the final Mecha Fight;
Fixed an issue where you could skip an episode in Season 5;
Fixed several other minor bugs;
It’s finally here!
We’d like to thank you for your patience and support through all these years. To all the fans and backers: this game is not ours, it is yours!
The "Director's Cut" free update to Chroma Squad brings long-awaited new features and improvements to the game. Let's go through each one of them!
The adventure no longer ends after the credits roll - with the "New Game+" and "New Game++" features you can keep playing with your current party, facing randomized enemies and goals on the episodes, crafting new items, and perhaps making different story choices that could lead you to unexplored paths!
The Mecha Fights have been completely revamped to be faster and more fun, and the random chances were replaced by new reflex mini-games!
Difficulty levels have been completely rebalanced to offer a more customizable experience, including a new super-hard mode called "Heroic Difficulty"!
We have also tweaked a few encounters in the game that were famously unfair or long (*cough cough* Mini-Kaiju Squad *cough cough*)!
And that's not all - we also fixed some bugs and the game should be running smoother and faster overall!
**IMPORTANT: If you don't like the changes, the previous version of Chroma Squad will be forever available in the "Legacy" branch on Steam.**
And that's it! Oh, and if you like Chroma Squad, maybe you'll be happy to know that Behold Studio's new game, "Galaxy of Pen and Paper" is releasing this month, on July 27th. It already has a Steam Page:
~Mark and the Chroma Squad team
**Full patch notes:**
- Full Controller support;
- Drastically improved performance on combat, removed lag spikes that would occur in large maps;
- Random chance removed, replaced with reflex-based mini-game;
- “Hit Chance %” now represented as the difficulty of the mini-game (as Hit Chance gets smaller, click area diminishes and cursor speed increases);
- Old Defense mini-game replaced with a different one with new "Shield" art;
- Buff/heal skills now have a unique mini-game involving holding down and releasing the button;
- All animation times and intervals between actions reduced by 50%;
- “Defense” mini-game is now played only once per turn, instead of 3 times;
- Director’s Instructions have been implementend for Mecha Fights;
- New surprise features on Mecha Fights depending on the story branch you take (wink,wink);
*New Difficulty: Heroic*
- Enemies have slightly increased Health and Damage over previous Challenging difficulty;
- Enemies no longer try to “spread” their attacks across multiple Actors;
- Enemies focus their attacks on the weakest Actors;
- After completing Season 6, players can Load the save file to start over with the same party;
- It is possible to play the whole game 3 times (Regular, New Game+ and New Game++);
- All Studio Upgrades and access to Marketing agencies go back to Season 1 status;
- Studio Upgrades have increased acquisition and maintenance costs;
- Marketing agencies have increased hiring costs;
- Players keep their Income and Fans, but Shop and Fan Power costs scale up;
- Players keep all their Actors, Skills, Materials and Items (yes, even that bike you may or may not have!);
- All enemies are randomized on the episodes (except the Bosses);
- Director’s Instructions are randomized on the episodes;
- Enemy health and damage gain a base increase per Season;
- Items are only updated twice on the campaign (Season 1 and Season 4), have higher costs;
- New Item Rarity Tiers: Legendary+ (white), Legendary++ (green) and Heroic (red);
- 80 new items to buy and Craft;
*Difficulty and Game Rebalance*
- Mecha Fight Kaiju Life reduced by 25% across the board;
- Mecha Fight Kaiju Damage increased by 20% across the board;
- Challenging Difficulty Enemy HP reduced from 1.7 to 1.5;
- Challenging Difficulty Enemy Damage reduced from 1.65 to 1.4;
- Heroic Difficulty Enemy HP set to 1.7;
- Heroic Difficulty Enemy Defense set to 1.2;
- Heroic Difficulty Enemy Damage set to 1.7;
- Heroic Difficulty Kaiju HP set to 1.2;
- Heroic Difficulty Kaiju Damage set to 1.7;
- Transitmancer HP reduced from 1500 to 1100;
- Transitmancer Dodge reduced from 0.05 to 0.02;
- Transitmancer Damage reduced from 30-35 to 25-30;
- Transitmancer no longer summons Ranged minions, only Melee ones;
- Huengel The Devourer's HP reduced from 3000 to 2225;
- Huengel The Devourer's damage reduced from 72-80 to 54-60;
- Sewer Turtle damage reduced from 80-120 to 60-90;
- Sewer Turtle HP reduced from 1900 to 1500;
- Grimmgarl damage reduced from 150-190 to 112-142;
- Grimmgarl HP reduced from 1500 to 1200;
- Muligahn damage reduced from 250-300 to 190-225;
- Muligahn HP reduced from 1200 to 1000;
- Degijon damage reduced from 70-82 to 52-62;
- Degijon HP reduced from 1500 to 1200;
- Villain X's HP reduced from 9000 to 6200;
- Villain X's Teleport cooldown increased from 4 to 6 turns;
- Villain X's Bring Me A Weapon cooldown increased from 1 to 2 turns;
- "Colin's Bear" HP on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 4000 to 2400;
- "Colin's Bear" damage on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 120-150 to 85-100;
- Sewer Turtle's Damage on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 60-80 to 42-56;
- Muligahn's Damage on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 150-170 to 100-120;
- Grimmgarl's Damage on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 75-90 to 52-62;
- Degijon's Damage on the Night Rider's story path reduced from 50-62 to 35-45;
- Starting income on Season 2 reduced from 2000 to 1000;
- Starting income on Season 3 reduced from 4000 to 2000;
- Starting income on Season 4 reduced from 6500 to 3200;
- Starting income on Season 5 reduced from 9500 to 5000;
- Base Income Conversion Rate increased from .25 to .40;
- Starting Skill Regen increased from 10 to 16;
- Skill Regen scaling from Gear decreased from 3,6,6,6,6,6,6 to 3,5,5,5,5,5,5,5;
“Zordon may have wanted "teens with attitude," but Chroma Squad and its unabashed, utterly geeky love-in for all things tokusatsu shows something even harder to find: A game with heart and soul. That heart shines through the rough edges, and in some ways even turns them to its advantage.”
8/10 – Destructoid
“Chroma Squad is terrifically enjoyable. Fans of tactical RPGs will have oodles of fun, and those who also look fondly upon the youthful days of the Power Rangers will get an extra kick.”
8/10 – Twinfinite
“The greatest Power Rangers game there never was.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
© Behold Studios all rights reserved.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.