AUTUMN SALE! Offer ends December 2
Have you or your friends been thinking about snagging Freedom Planet? Now's your chance to grab it at half price for the holidays!! This special discount won't last forever, so be sure to grab it while it's as hot as a Thanksgiving turkey fresh from the oven!
Click here to visit our store page!
Long time no chatter! Since not all of our players visit the community forums or our main website, we figured we'd start providing update information here as well. For those of you wondering what's different in this latest update, here goes!
- You can now drop straight down from a ladder by holding Down while pressing Jump.
- When starting a new game, short descriptions of each gameplay mode (Adventure and Classic) now appear in the file box.
- The Difficulty setting has been added to the file select screen.
- Removed the rightmost Slime enemy in the final blue hallway of Final Dreadnought 2's first map.
- The DNA Cannon near the first keycard of Final Dreadnought 3 has been replaced with a second Bubblorbiter, primarily because it was unintentionally firing at the player through the loop to the left.
- A few enemy formations in Final Dreadnought 4 have been thinned out, particularly in the giant laser room.
- If you have the soundtrack DLC, this adds the missing Invincibility track.
- Changing the music volume in the Options menu will now immediately update the volume of the menu music
- Pressing B to exit the Options menu should work now
- Music volume now properly saves on exit
- The Achievements in the gallery weren't lining up properly when B was pressed to return to the top of the page
- Highlighting Return in the Gallery if you pressed A on the category selection would automatically return you to the title screen
- Milla's "get back up" animation on the Game Over screen has been properly shaded
- In the rainy section of Jade Creek, the hovercraft's ice missile could be reflect by Milla before it hits Neera, preventing the cutscene from completing and forcing players to restart
- The camera would go outside the stage boundaries in the first map of Trap Hideout when pausing and resuming the game
- Thermal Base's header was displaying "Stage 6" for Carol and Milla even though this is their 7th stage
- In Battle Glacier, Milla can no longer fly beyond the top of the screen while riding the Sparky mount
- The second sliding platform in Final Dreadnought 1 will now have its positions reset when the player uses a teleporter to prevent zipping abuse
- During Final Dreadnought 2's boss cutscene, the camera will now move downwards if it's too high
- Final Dreadnought 2's boss can no longer be damaged after it is defeated
- The requirements for the No Death, Speedrunner and Gem Hoarder achievements were being checked in the red hallway of Final Dreadnought 4 rather than when Brevon is defeated
- Filled in a gap in the wall in Final Dreadnought 2's lift section (right before the boss hallway) where the player could get stuck
“Freedom Planet is an emotional, comedic and fun fast-paced platformer that will keep you on your toes and wary of incoming dangers.”
5/5 – Gamerscape
“Freedom Planet is well-written love letter to the sixteen-bit era, reminding players of the power of the action-platformer. Expect to be serenaded by the splendid soundtrack.”
81/100 – Tech-Gaming
“Freedom Planet is like a missing jewel from the Sega Saturn catalog, an amazing action game that can be described a (good) Sonic 2D game developed by the Treasure. Don't miss it-- along with Shovel Knight, it's the retro-indie game of the year.”
8.5/10 – Meristation
© 2014 GalaxyTrail. All Rights Reserved.
Lilac, Carol and Milla © Ziyo Ling.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.